Chapter IX

I watched him grip the steering wheel as we drove down the highway, his dark hair moved carelessly with the wind I bit my lip and turned to look out of my window.

"I just need to get one thing from the mall then we can go to the beach okay?"

"No problem with me."

He smiled and we spent the rest of the ride blasting music through the speakers.

"I'll be right back..or do you wanna come with?"

I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my purse before sliding out of the car. As he locked the car he intertwined his fingers with mine and we walked towards the entrance. We were making our way towards one of Rays favorite stores when I heard the same voice that makes my heart drop every time I hear it.

"Ray!! Ray! Over here!!"

I sighed and turned towards Ray who seemed as if he was trying to pretend she wasn't there.

"You know she's calling your name right?"

He sighed and slowed his walk slightly.

"Yea, but let's pretend she's not?"

A giggle burst from my lips at his response.

"Don't do that! She can be a bit ... forward but that's just how she is."

He sighed loudly and dramatically before turning around with a fake smile on my face.

"Hey Georgia."

She opened her mouth to reply but when she saw mine and Ray's hands intertwined her eyes narrowed and she shot me a glare that would've had me six feet under if looks could kill.

"What is she doing here?"

"Kimmy? She's here because I want her to be."

He looked down at me and had humor in his eyes that I knew was reflected in mine too.

"Oh well...I guess she can sit with us. Come on Ray."

"Actually we were just leaving."

"Can't you stay? Just ten minutes?"

"Actually we're going to be late. Goodbye Georgia."

She pouted and stomped off and Ray led me back to the car.

"What about-"

"I don't want to risk her catching us again."

I laughed and went to open my door as he did the same.

"Wait! Kimberly!"