Chapter V

"-and then I kissed her and you left."

"Ray, shut up."

"No- I ... You're so pretty Kimmy."

I sighed as I threw him on the bed and took off his clothes, save his boxers.

"I always thought you were so pretty Kimmy."

"Ray go to bed."

"Lay with me."

I sighed again and slid into bed next to him after changing quickly.

"You look so pretty in my shirts."

I stayed silent as he played with my hair.

"In eighth grade I should have kissed you at that party. And in junior year when I took you to the beach at night I should've kissed you then too. I should have kissed you tonight instead of Georgia. Can I kiss you now Kimmy? I really want to kiss your lips. They're so pink and perfect. I just want to-"

I pushed my lips against his, effectively shutting him up. His arms went around my waist and mine around his neck. He pulled me closer to him and rolled on his back, pulling me on top. I felt his straining erection poke my stomach and I felt my cheeks flame red as he started to grind into me. His hands rubbed his shirt higher and higher up my body until it was just under my chest. He rubbed my bare bottom as I groaned quietly into his mouth. I pulled away slowly and he smiled at me, the drunk look gone from his face.

"I love kissing you Kimmy, I love touching you...I love you."

I pulled away from him quickly.

"You what?"

"I love you. I always have. I love you more than anything."

I goofy smile spread across his face and I rolled off of him.

"You are so drunk right now Ray."

"I am not!"

"Go to bed Ray."

I rolled over so my back was facing him and I heard his breathing even out a little while later. I slipped out of his bed and moved towards his balcony. Why couldn't he have meant those words? Why did he have to be drunk when we kissed? Paranoid thoughts flew through my head for hours until I turned to go back to bed. As I laid next to him his arms wrapped around my waist and despite my internal battles I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep minutes later.

•••

The next morning I woke up before Ray did and used that time to get dressed and leave before he could wake up. I didn't want to see the regret on his face, or even worse, having him not remember what could possibly haven been the best moment of my life so far. I went across the street to my house and as I locked the door behind me my phone rang.

"Your lover."

Flashed across the screen several times and I looked towards Rays house, knowing I should answer his calls. I turned my phone on silent and continued towards my room. I laid on my bed and closed my eyes.

"Kimmy?"

I cursed silently as Rays voice carried to my room from downstairs. His footsteps sounded on the stairs as he made his way to my room.

"There you are! Where did you go?"

The only thing I couldn't stand about Ray was how he recovered from drinking. He was as hyper as the energizer bunny on crack. He was always laughing at nothing and couldn't sit still for his life.

"Yup..here I am."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Ray I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine. Did someone hurt you? I'll beat them up I swear."

'I wouldn't doubt you would except you can't beat up yourself."

"No it's fine. Just tired."

He held up a Starbucks bag and smiled sheepishly.

"I brought food?"

I smiled at him and patted the place next to me. We ate our meals in silence and when I finished I looked up to see him watching me.

"Kimmy we need to talk."

**This wasn't one of my favorite chapters. It feels off but hope you enjoyed it anyway**