Chapter 13- 'Death by clothes'

My days at school felt brief and quick, everything seem great, my Uncle Eric was on a holiday and a few times we went surfing. Hailee and I are going to enter MYC (Manly’s Young Competitors) together, and Steve got a massive bruise from where I dropped him in Uncle Eric’s rental shack so he couldn’t sit properly, unless he had a butt pillow. It looked hilarious.

So basically I had a pretty good week, and on the weekend I hung out with everybody… I seemed to fit into the group.

----

Hailee snapped her fingers in front of my eyes. I hate Mondays.

“Jen?”

“Huh?”

“Who is better, the wanted or one direction?”

“We’re still on this argument?”

“Yeah, we can’t agree and you’re our trio.” Jasmine explained.

“Well, I know the wanted more…so the wanted.”

“Damn…” Jasmine cursed.

“Ha!” Hailee joyed dramatically, punching fists in the air.

“Still nothing on Mario.” Our teacher added, her accent definitely defined her as a born Italian.

Then the whole Italian class laughed.

“Okay guys down to business.  ora stiamo per iniziare sui numeri.”

____________________________

After school I had my interview for the sandwich shop I applied for.

“Hi, I’m Jennifer, and I’m here about the job available.”

“Mkay, I’ll just get Ruby.” ‘Sam’ well, that’s what her name-tag says anway, while chewing gum on the job. Talk about unsanitary. A moment passed and the girl returned with the same sour face as before.

“She’ll out in a minute.”

“Thanks Sam.” Sam then rolled her eyes, and continued chewing her gum, walking over to a new customer looking at the fresh fruit and vegetables.

“Hi, Jennifer.” An elderly lady extended her right hand.

“Hello Trudy.” I greeted.

“Now, would you like to come around to the back area, just go around to the entrance door to your left, and I’ll let you through.

“No problem.”

I went around to this black door, and Trudy came around and opened it, and took me a few doors down the bland hallway, after a few turns Trudy then went through the door which had ‘Bay Brunch’ labelled on the door and went to this average size room, with a noticeboard and  a large couch.

“Sit dear.” Trudy invited me to sit on the couch.

“Thank you.”

“Why would you like to do this job?”

“I think it’s a great opportunity and I believe that I can do it well.”

“What if a customer comes up to you and demands that they receive a discount because you made them wait too long?”

“I would apologies and calmly explain the circumstances on why their food was late, for example if I was waiting on food to be chopped up.”

“What if you knew prior to the customers order.”

“I would warn them in advance, and say that it may take longer than usual.”

“What if they still demanded a discount.”