Chapter 11- Miss Carotta and Mario

“So Jen, advanced English, no problem your teacher will be Mrs Kabanana. I’ll add you to the roll.” The English head teacher smiled at me.

“Thank you.” Ricky and I chorused.

“We’ll go to math now, then science and geography then we’ll have to see TAS and LOTE.”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“Yeah, did you like my group of friends?”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to show Steve on the water.”

“I thought you two would get along, and you and Hailee, she is also really into surfing. Hey did apply for that job in the food court?”

“Yeah, I reckon it’s going to be great. Yeah I did, it was at the sandwich shop so I’m waiting for them to call.”

“Yeah, that’s good. So I see somebody has like 5 classes with me, are you copying me?”

“No, I guess we just have a lot in common.”

“Yeah, I guess so.” And he casually took my hand and entwined his fingers through mine while we crossed the ‘bridge.’

_____________

“No way, Lady Gaga is so much better than Adele.” Jasmine, argued to Hailee.

We were in Italian, and we were given free time, after our teach gave us some papers. I’m going to need like a folder.

“Adele has a much deeper voice and better songs.” Hailee retorted, I swear where is popcorn when you need it.

“Oh yeah, what about the Gaga song you like?”

“I may enjoy listening to it, but it has nothing on Adele!”

“Girls!” Our teacher, Miss Carotta  scolded, “Keep it down, and besides, neither of those singers have anything on .” Her french accent strong, “Mario Givonne.”

“Who?” Hailee and Jasmine choursed.

“Mario Givonne, the best Italian singer ever.”

“No, way... if anyone has the best voices ever it’s the wanted, or one direction.” Hailee and Jasmine chorsed again.

The rest of the class were giggling with me, this argument is hilarious.

“Nobody has anything Mario Givonne.” She looked them in the eyes.

And then they all bursted into tears from laughter, best first lesson ever.

Recess came soon after the class settled down, and I walked to the canteen with Hailee and Jasmine with our arms linked. We walked up to a table where Steve, Ricky and Mick were sitting, Steve and Mick where arguing, then as we sat down Steve poured his water over Micks head.

“Dude!” He laughed trying to hide his smile.

“Bro, you looked soaked, did you get a swirly mate?” Steve joked, nudging Mick with his elbow.

Mick just kept laughing, then lunged for Steve to grab him around the neck and messed up his hair.

“You owe me a pop bro.” Steve told Mick.

“It was worth it.” Mick grinned at Steve.

“How was your first class Jen?” Ricky asked.

“It was hilarious, our teacher is obsessed with Mario, a famous Italian singer. And Jas and Hailz, were arguing with her who’s better, adele, gaga, one direction, the wanted or Mario Givonne.”