Chapter Sixteen

Kuza appeared in front of me and grabbed my throat. I felt hear radiating from his palm. I screeched in pain. He was giving me payback for burning him earlier. All the sudden he let go and stepped back. Kuza starred at Nikki, and Nikki's eyes were glowing. Nikki stood still and we all looked confused.

"Listen, I possessed Kuza, we can weaken him. But, everything you do to him will also be done to me on my original body." Kuza said.

"I can't do this." Cyndy said shaking her head.

"Baby girl, I'm not going to die. I'll be back in my own body before we kill him. You must help." Kuza explained.

"Please Cyndy." I asked.

"Fine." Cyndy said giving in.

"Get out of my body!" Kuza screamed in rage.

"Hurry. I can't hold him back forever." Kuza struggled to say.

None of us hesitated. Cyndy took Nikki's body and moved it out of the way. I stood for a second building up the energy in my body, I was going to make this fast and easy.

"Nikki, hang in there." I say as I ran up and paralyzed him.

Kuza yelped and breathed heavy. Cyndy then ran up and placed her palm on his stomach. I stood back and watched as Cyndy channeled her energy.

"Kiss your demon powers goodbye." Cyndy said as she absorbed his energy.

I watched in amazement. I never knew of anyone who could absorb another demon's powers other than my brother. But, Cyndy did. She channeled everything she had and accomplished her goal.

"Nikki let him go." Zacky said as he was about to stab Kuza with the knife.

Nikki had returned to his normal body, he had just enough time to focus and watch Kuza fall.

"This isn't over." Kuza said as his last words.

"You're right. It's only the beginning." I say.

I sat down on the floor and took a deep breath. Nikki sat up and rubbed his head. Cyndy kneeled next to him and they looked at me. I started chuckling as I wiped tears from my eyes.

"It's over. We did it. I can't believe we did it." I say through tears.

"Don't cry." Zacky said as he sat next to me.

"You don't understand. I'm happy." I say looking at him with a smile.

"You're brother would be so proud." Nikki said standing up and walking over to me.

"I am proud." I heard a voice say.

All of us looked up and saw an apparition of my brother standing in front of us.

"All of you did an amazing thing these past few days. This is only the beginning, not for you guys, but for everyone. They too can look at what you did here today and rebel against their own corrupt leaders." My brother spoke.

"He's right." Cyndy said in agreement.

"Thank you. You gave me strength when I needed it most." I told him as I stood up.

"Take your rightful place." Cory told me.

I did as he said. I walked over to the throne and sat down. I signaled everyone else to come over as well. Zacky sat on the thrones armrest and Cyndy sat in the throne next to me with Nikki sitting on her arm rest.

"Lead with pride and never forget where your roots are, and who you are. Thank you everybody for helping out. I'm grateful to all of you. I love you sis. I'll never be too far behind you. I'm always here when you need me." My brother said before he faded away.

"First order of action?" Cyndy asked.

"Call everyone in our group here." I said.

"What about the bodies?" Zacky asked.

"I'll have someone take care of it." I answered.

Cyndy's had beamed everyone in our group into the room. Once they all arrived their mouths were dropped open and their eyes were wide.

"All of you know Kuza took leadership from my brother about 5 years ago. Today, I'm proud to announce that we finally took it back!" I said.

The group cheered and clapped.

"I'm not your only leader. Zacky, Nikki and Cyndy will also rule with me. There will be some changes however. No more suicide assassinations missions. No more being looked down upon, we are all equal! Training to hone your powers will be provided and are necessary." I announced.

"We need two of you to discard of Kuza and Francesca's bodies." Cyndy said.

Two volunteered and helped clean up the bodies. The rest of the group were dismissed after we cleaned up the place. After we finished up we went back home. It has been a long and tiring few days and it was time for us to relax. No more worrying about plans and obsessive boys and controlling leaders.

As we sat in the living room watching tv, I couldn't help but feel complete. I finally did what I wanted to do for so long. And even though I lost the only blood member of my family, I gained 3 members that were just as close to me. I now have an amazing sister and brother. I also have a soul mate that'll be with me till the end. Things were only going to get better for us here on out. I couldn't thank everyone enough, I'm glad people like them came into my life. You never really expect to meet family through a mutual like such as music, but you'd be surprised where you find your family. I just so happened to find mine at a concert. The moral of the story is, never give up on your goals. Even if they take what seems like forever, you will meet the right people who will help you accomplish them. Life will always knock you down, but always get back up. When life scars you with it's bullshit, let them be your motivation.