The One With All the Fluff

Chapter 35 The One With All the Fluff

The kiss started slowly but soon moved on more passionately. Merlin tried to deepen the kiss and she let him. Growing up as a lady and then an evil witch, she had never had any experience like this before; she had never even kissed someone.

But like everything else she did with Merlin, it was like second nature. Soon she took the command and somehow ended up on his lap so she could get better access. Her hands roamed his chest; both above and under his shirt; before they went up into his hair. His hands ended up around her waist, but she could feel them slink up under her tunic once in a while, but never high enough to make her feel uncomfortable.

He never pushed her to do something she didn't want to, letting her take the lead, and after what felt like hours, but was in real life only minutes, they broke apart with a gasp.

Merlin immediately started to caress her face while panting heavily. He looked at her with a warm smile that reached deep into his eyes. She looked back with an expression she hoped was equally warm and happy.

"That was unexpected." She couldn't stop her face from breaking out into a big smile.

"I'm sorry; I probably shouldn't have done that." Merlin said, but the big cheeky smile he sported made the words sound unconvincing.

"Maybe you should try to say that again without smiling." She smirked and leaned forward to press a quick kiss on his lips.

"Now I'm definitely not sorry." He beamed at her and surged forward to capture her lips again in another passionate embrace.

"Maybe we should take this to a more comfortable location." Morgana said when they broke for air again.

"Are you sure?" Merlin frowned and looked at her worriedly. "You don't have to do anything you're not ready for."

"I know." She gave a small smile and stroked his cheekbone with the back of her fingers. "I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far, but there are other things we can do." She winked at him and eased her way of his lap while dragging him with her by the shirt.

When they reached the bedroom, she let go of him and walked up to her bed to get her night clothes; she could feel his eyes on her the entire time.

"I'm going to get dressed in something more comfortable." She told him when she turned around. She walked up to him and gave him a quick peck on his cheek before heading to the bathroom.

She walked back out to find him lying on his back in his own bed; his chest bare and the comforter pulled up to his waist where she could just make out the beginning of his pyjama bottoms.

When he noticed her looking at him, he shifted so he was resting on his elbows and roomed his eyes up and down her body. She was wearing a black nightshirt that reached just above her knees and left her shoulders bare. She didn't like wearing it because it made her feel naked compared to the nightshifts she used to wear back in Camelot, but he looked at her in a way that made her feel both safe and comfortable at the same time.

"Your bed?" She said and raised an eyebrow; breaking the tension in the room.

"Well, it is the most comfortable one." He grinned at her and lifted the comforter so she could get in.

"Don't think I will sleep in here every night." She said while climbing in and laying down beside him. "Tomorrow it's my bed."

"So you are sure you want this?" He turned on his side and looked at her with a serious expression. "This isn't a onetime thing?"