Cupid Assistants!?

So anyway that's how it all began.

The school bell rang and I practically jumped out of my seat heading as fast as I could to the school cafeteria. Finally I could leave. That class felt like torture, never in my life had I ever wanted to leave a Science or English class so bad. I never thought I'd meet him again, but so far to my relief he has been avoiding me. I look across the cafeteria and saw him laughing with some of the other grade 11 boys. He didn't even glace my way hey maybe this could just pass and we could forget it. Maybe he wouldn't mention the 10 favors I owed him maybe because he owed me 10 favors to. But I knew that was almost too good to be true and he had said he'd see me soon and I could see the hidden meaning behind that he wasn't going to leave that game forgotten oh no not all. I sighed sat down at the usual table and plumbed my head into my hands. Why is this happening to me?

"Ohhhh Misisa finally eyeing up some of the fish in the sea thought I'd never see you dare" said Krisa poking my strawberry blonde hair before taking seat next to me.

I glared at her. I never payed attention to guys, no reason to, love was stupid and it would only get you hurt in the end. "No it not like that!" I protested trying to turn the conversation elsewhere and leave my brain to rot slowly from the terrible problem I had found myself in.

"Sure it isn't" but then she noticed just who I had been looking "oh. Ohh now I get isn't that oh." she said, then laughed "Poor you."

"It's your fault you're the one who brought me there" I grumbled at her, picking at the salad  that i had prepared this morning. It had all the good stuff tomatoes, cucumbers, lettace, green pepper and carrots sprinkled lightly with pepper and salt, just how i like it.

She laughed again putting her hands up in the air "Arrest me then but maybe this will get your popularity up."

"No thanks" I said "I'd rather stay socially unsocial then even admit that I owe him 10 favors."

"Wait what! Melisa! Explain I thought you only did that once?!" she demanded.

I look away sheepishly "Well I got carried away and you know how don't like to lose" I protested. She nodded understanding.

"Well sweet even me miss popular can't even get you out of this one he's too high up in the food chain." She said licking her lips and looking at him with longing.

I groaned. "Will you stop eyeing him up like a he's a piece of candy and focuses on my problem".

She grinned "You have to admit he is hot." lifting my head up to and blinked my eyes at her. Did she really just say that. Augg.

I just shrugged and shook my head at her while the rest of group filed in. The old rustic table creaked alarmingly with sudden extra weight. Yes I was in the popular group and the stuff me and Krisa said about how I'm not popular is actually false, well in a way. It's just Kiles group of popular is from grade 11 making them the kings and queens of the school. While I'm in the grade 10 popular and the only reason I'm in it is because I'm the best fighter that this school has and everyone knows it which is why I'm aloud to be in this group that and also because I'm Krisa friend. She is extremely popular. I personally don't like sitting with the group, the only reason I stay in this group is for her because I know she'd leave in a heartbeat if it was affecting our friendship, we had been friends since kindergarten. I knew even if she said she wouldn't mind leaving, but i knowshe loves being in that group and I didn't want to ruin it for her.

Now back to my problem. If I had to face him and talk about this fine but I'll have to do something to make sure he kept his mouth shut or else I'm in trouble but what if he black mails me or something, he could do that right? Jenna had sat down with us. She is also one of my good friends. She's fun, energetic and has apple red hair that bounces excitedly in curls at her shoulders. She also had a mild natural tan that went well with her aqua colored eyes. She kind of reminded me of little mermaid sometimes. The beads on her shirt jiggled when she sat, she always wore clothing with beads on them for some reason. I think it was because of her fondness for art and her own artistic senses. She had joined in with Krisa talking about something, but I had been too preoccupied with thoughts I didn't pay any attention to it. The two suddenly went quite causing me to look up, and silently question it. That wasn't till I realized they had asked me something.