CHAPTER 11--Revelation

sorry for the irregular uploads!!!

been busy, will try and get everything running smoothly again!

in the meantime, please vote and comment, i'd really appreciate it!

~romangoddess~

Chapter 11

"hey, Rini," I plopped myself onto my bed, tired.

The party last night had left me kinda drained, still. I was looking forward to a nice night's sleep.

"hey, Lara," Rini, as usual, had been reading a book, and she now closed it completely. "how was your day?"

"just... not that good," I said. Who was I kidding? It had been a crappy day. I hadn't seen Rini all day, for one. I avoided Riley; I was still angry with him after that conversation that morning. I met up with Marly, but ended up avoiding her because she kept on talking about the party, and I just didn't like it. So I just stayed in. read some of Rini's books, most of which, by the way, are really, really boring. I mean, why do you need three books on physics?

I went out for dinner--alone, of course--and now I was back, and not alone anymore.

"sorry to hear that," Rini said. She hummed a little tune, something weirdly familiar, but I couldn't really put my finger on it.

"are you humming 'love story'?" I finally asked.

"yeah," Rini stopped to answer. "So?"

"I don't know..." I said. "I just always figured you for a 'teardrops on my guitar' kinda girl."

"oh, things change," Rini smiled at me, and then continued humming.

Something was up. What had made her so happy? I thought back. When did her bright mood start?

The morning after the party.

So something must've happened at the party.

I stopped. There was always only one thing that was ever wrong in Rini's life.

"Rini?" I asked. "where was Henry at the party?"

"hmm?" Rini's pretended nonchalance did not work whatsoever.

"oh, my gosh," I got up. "rini, what happened at the party?"

"nothing." She turned redder than a tomato.

"you got together with Henry?" I looked at her. "when? Why didn't you tell me?"

"what? No," Rini turned away.

"you are a crappy liar," I said. "when? How? Why didn't you tell me?"

Rini turned back to face me. "it just happened at the party, I guess."

"why didn't you tell me?" why was I repeating one question again and again?

"I just... forgot," Rini finished lamely.

"you... forgot?" I stared at her. "you've been waiting for it for probably all the time you've even been at St. Anderson's!"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Rini said. "I guess I just wanted to see where it went."

"oh, it's okay," I brushed off. "I'm guessing I'm the first person you told?"

"yup," Rini said, "although Jesse knows. He saw us dance."

"this is so awesome," I said. "can I tell Marly? Wait, of course not."

"you can tell her," Rini sighed. "you guys don't keep anything from eachother, so I really don't want my secret to create any sort of..." she made some hand gestures to emphasize, "gap."