CHAPTER 9- The Party

CHAPTER 9

The music was loud and the lights were bright. Lights flashed, with super weird and outrageous colours. It made my eyes water already. There were large sofas backed up against the walls, with little tables and stuff. A big area had been cleared away for dancing. The bar looked busy, where a pretty woman was serving everyone drinks and laughing with the customers. The place was packed.

"Cool," I said. I'd never been inside a club before. Well, sure, there were those ones for preteens and kids... but this was something totally different! Whoa, an awesome place to party.

"let's go mingle," Marly said. We pushed our way past the crush of people. I was jostled and hit by many dancing people, but I barely noticed. I knew I was in for a lot of fun.

We managed to push our way to the bar, where the bartender came up and said, "what'll it be, girls?"

"hiya," Marly said. She seemed to be pretty familiar around here. Rini hung back shyly, and let her do the talking. "two weakies, and a whiskey for me."

The bartender understood, and then turned around to make the drinks.

"cool place," I said.

"I know!" Marly exclaimed. "freaking awesome, right? It's the coolest place around."

"well, we are in the middle of nowhere," I pointed out.

Marly looked at me. "just savour the party, Lara."

"okay, okay."

Suddenly, there was a commotion, as people parted, to let someone through. And there, cat walking down the club, was Kelly, Chloe and Stacey. Wow, were they looking smoking hot. Kelly was wearing a very short tight dress, coral pink, strapless. She'd dyed a strand of her loose golden hair glittery pink, and she was wearing coral stilettos. Chloe had done up her chestnut hair into a ponytail with a glittery band, with a loose, mini sky blue dress, with high light blue boots. Stacey was wearing a tiny, full-sleeved dress. The skirt was high, and the top part of the dress was white while the bottom was light maroon. She was wearing maroon heels with straps twisting up to her knees. Her blonde-brown hair was held away from her face by a butterfly clip.

"whoa, don't they look amazing," I said under my breath as the three girls sauntered up to us.

"don't let them hear you saying that," Rini said quietly.

"oh, it's the pathetic little human," Kelly scoffed. "at least I can see her without puking when she's all dressed up."

"oh, just stuff it, Kelly," Marly said. Rini shrunk to the background.

"oh, poor you," Chloe said to Marly. "do you actually think you look good enough to go out?"

Marly looked furious enough to throttle Chloe, so I tried to calm everything down. "okay, Kelly, enough. We don't wanna cause any trouble."

"whatever," Kelly said. "let's go, girls. Don't wanna run the night with bad scenery."

And with that, they all sauntered off. Marly was still fuming. "thos girls! Next time we meet I'll just--" she made a furious strangling motion.

"okay, enough," Rini said. "wait, I think I see Jesse. Jesse!"

I scouted out Jesse, and found him soon enough. He was, as usual, looking amazingly cool. Black jeans, a gray, untucked striped shirt, with a black coat. He was smiling.

"hey, Rin," he said, coming up. "your friends?"

"yeah," Rini said. "this is Marly, and this is Lara. Guys, my brother, Jesse."