CHAPTER 8- Party Prep

Hey, sorry to anyone who's been waiting for me to upload, or is impatient, i've been pretty busy

so i've uploaded a new chap, i tried to make it detailed, and took proper time, didn't rush anything

and now i'm boring everyone

so happy reading, and please, comments are very welcome. anyone like Jesse yet???

P.S. curse the guy who thought exams were important in school!!!

CHAPTER 8

Everyone seemed to be talking about the party. It did sound really cool. I didn't see Riley much those days, which was fine by me. Why didn't he tell me he had something for Kelly? I mean, sure, he wasn't obliged to tell me, but at least he could've! Well, I didn't know for certain that he did, but it was kinda obvious. And I was mad.

I walked into my dorm one day and found Rini on the bed... reading, as usual. Her loose, flowy light green skirt was spread all around her, her full-sleeved dark green top nearly covered by her chocolate hair. I sat down on my bed with a thump. I had had a horrible day. I was alone the whole day, because Marly was busy with her 'extra' classes and Henry and Rini, as the smart kids, had been helping out the teachers. And Riley had been missing the whole day. It was like he knew I was angry at him.

"hey," I said.

Rini kept a finger in her page and closed her book. "hey. Sorry I didn't see you today at all."

"oh, it's okay," I wasn't really mad at her. "So... what's up?"

"oh, nothing," she shrugged. "the party's tonight."

"I know." It was like everywhere I went, all I heard was about the party. I hoped it was worth it.

Rini sighed. A girly sigh. A girly sigh about a guy. And with Rini, there was only one guy.

"Rini?" I asked, automatically smiling. "So... Henry gonna be there?"

"huh?" Rini jumped. "I... I don't know."

I smiled even wider. Rini could barely speak when the conversation went to Henry, and especially if he was there. In fact, I had to work really hard to keep her from running away when he was there.

"So..." I started. I stopped. What else was there to say? I usually talked about stuff that Riley said that made me laugh, but I tried not to give away that I liked him. Man, my life was really boring without him. I needed to get a life.

"Hey, Rini," I said suddenly. "your brother Jesse?"

"yeah?"

"Is he going to the party?"

Rini cocked an eyebrow at me. "why are you asking?"

"just curious," I said innocently. Why was I asking?

"oh, yeah," Rini shrugged off. "I don't know why. He usually hates these parties. He's a bit of a loner."

"I bet."

"what?"

"nothing."

I thought on Jesse. I'd seen him more and more frequently, and recently I'd seen him when I wasn't with Rini. He always just there, lurking in the shadows, looking oh-so-cool. What was up? Was it always just a coincidence that we were at the same places? Or was he stalking me? Hmm... couldn't honestly say I'd hate it. unless he started doing weird stuff like breaking into my room and stealing hair from my brushes.

Wait, mine and his sister's room.

"Lara?"

I jumped, going back to the present. "what?"