Chapter 8

Bad Boy, Meet Bad Girl

Sky's POV

"Finally," I heard myself say after hearing the bell that signalled the end of my last class, and I finish packing up my things.

"Shit, I'm late!" Jessica screams as she remembers that Joshua had told her to meet him immediately after school so that they could catch the 3:30pm bus to visit their gran for her 87th birthday. "Tell me everything tomorrow??" she shouts, already outside of our almost empty class.

"Not much to tell," I say softly, knowing she was already out of hearing distance. But I somehow felt that I was trying to convince myself,  instead of convincing her.

I thought about that for a second, the little voice in my head questioning, what are you trying to convince yourself of, and why?

I felt myself flinch at the thought of this, what was I trying to convince myself of? That I hadn't enjoyed today? That the bad boy hadn't not been that bad in the time we had spent together? That the bad boy was actually kind of not so bad?

I make my way to my locker to drop off the books I didn't need and pick up the ones I needed to do my homework. After packing them into my bag, I started rearranging my locker in the order of my schedule for tomorrow.

For a "badass" I sure do have my education in order, at least. Well, I guess I don't have much of a choice if I intend to move out as soon as I graduate. I can't stand the thought of being the reason my parents —

"Jeez, what now?" I shot, annoyed at the vibration in my pocket that was my cellphone.

Lila:

SOS!

"Shit," I mumbled still looking at the screen when something hard hit my shoulder. I almost lose my balance before grabbing whatever person had caused the unforseen pain that was now in my shoulder. Looking up to put a name or face, at least, to the body I yelled, "The fuck man?!"

"I'm so sorry, shit, Sky, I didn't see you there!" the guy shot back defensively.

"Excuse me, but. You what?" I glared at him, giving him a second chance to rephrase he's former statement.

"I, I mean, I, Uh, I wasn't looking.. where I was going." he stuttered, clearly about to shit himself.

"Ugh!" I groaned, pushing past him as he lifts both arms up to protect he's face, clearly thinking I was about to rearrange his face for him while softly chanting to himself,  "Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, I'm too young to —"

I turned around just in time to see him looking up in disbelief because I had spared he's face another day. I shook my head as I pushed my back against the school door that lead to the parking area.

Do people really think that much of me? I can't be all that bad.. Or maybe I can, I mean, is that really such a bad thing? I don't know.

I let out a long sigh and as I turned back to look out over the parking lot for my car, I heard Ashley screaming, "Adam! Please, not here!"

Adam, clearly pissed was parading Ashley as the crowd stood watching. No one bothered to do anything to stop things from going further. "Where the fuck were you last night, Ash?!" he spat while circling her like she was a little dog. A little lap dog. He's little lap dog.

"You don't understand. It's not what you think, Adam. Let me explain? Please?? Let's go, c'mon Adam," Ashley begged, her voice barely audible as she touched he's arm.

Adam looked at where her hand met his arm like she was filthy, dirt. Then grabbed her by the wrist pulling her to him. He looked as though he was about to strangle her. Ashley hadn't even attempted to hide the the look of hysteria on her face as she jolted back, trying to pull herself away from him. As if she wasn't petrified enough, he started pulling her back, his grip on her arm not loosening the slightest bit.