Flashback

After I stepped inside the room, I spotted new clothes on the bed. They were black and again I felt a huge disgrace. It was a velvety long flowing dress. It had long sleeves, which were black lace. The details, which look like roses, were dark red. The neckline was rounded and a bit too low for my liking. I decided I would just pull it up as high as I can later. Beside it was a thick silver sash but it was a bit thin and opaque. It was hauntingly beautiful, if I could wear these clothes at home, where I was safe.

I went to the bathroom where the gigantic marble tub sat in the corner. There were mirrors were everywhere, and I saw myself for the first time in almost 2 days. My hair was tangled and dirty. My face looked grimy and oily. All over I was smudged with dirt, ash, even gunpowder. My eyes were bloodshot like a drunkard. My lips were so dry; they looked like the leaves that crackled under the sun's rays. I cannot believe that Erik didn't run away at the sight of me. I stepped out of the room and a cold sensation chilled my spine. I saw a flash of light, a blurred face and then everything turned black.

My dream was what had just happened a while ago with Erik. When I fell down and looked up I didn't see an inviting face. It was dark and evil. His eye looked so hollow the seemed like an endless pit. They sucked all the color away from everything around me. When he smiled his incisors were sharp and wolf like. Under his eye patch something was wriggling and squirming. His complexion was pale and sickly, his cheeks hollow. I would've pitied him if he didn't so intimidating. He touched my hand and cold spread throughout my body. I started to crystalize with frost. As this happened a soothing voice spoke to me.

This is a warning to you Kalia. He is dangerous he will bring you pain and...

The voice stopped as the ice covered my ears. The last part of my body that froze was my heart. With my last heartbeat Erik said,

"This will be your Heaven and Hell."

I don't know how I heard him but it happened anyway. My vision blurred again. I woke up with a start, breathing hard. My hands flew to my chest. I was relieved to feel my heartbeat. I looked at my hands and they weren't frostbitten. Finally I checked if anyone was around me, but no one was there. I checked the water clock and it said 5:30 pm. I assumed dinner would be at 6:00 so hurried to a bathroom.

I turned the knob of the tub and water flowed from a waterfall like fixture. Steam came out as it poured and it filled the room with mist. Beside the tub I saw jars full of scented oils. I smelled each one. There were so many varieties.

There was Honeysuckle, Rose, and Jasmine, Vanilla even Cinnamon. It was hard to choose so I just grabbed the closest one. I lowered myself in the bath. I lowered my head and held my breath. I pour the oil over my hair and do my best to untangle the strands that have clumped up. I then pour the rest over my body. I soak in the water for a few more minutes; the heat still has not leached away. Underground fires must have heated it. I drain the water and dry myself with a soft towel. I do the best I can to dry my hair. I gathered my clothes and hid then under the bed, neatly folded. I didn't want the only reminder of home to be taken away from me.

I put on my dress and pulled up the front as high it could. I walked back into the bathroom to look for a comb, but on the counter there was some sort of makeup box and a few small brushes. I felt excited a bit because I love painting so when I saw the brushes I thought they were for paint. But also when I saw it I wonder who put it there because it wasn't there a moment ago. Obviously this was not my private room. I walked over to the counter and looked around. Again there was no one around and no comb. I run my fingers through my hair as neatly as I can. Then I sit in the small chair near the makeup box and in front of the mirror. Beside the box was a little note with beautiful calligraphy. They were instructions. I pick up the paper and read it. I followed the steps, using my face as the canvas and the makeup and my paint. When I finished I looked completely different. My eyes looked like smoke, wispy and mysterious. Some part of my eyes were gold, the other brown, it complemented my features. My lips were red like a perfect apple and my cheeks were a bit pink. It was fun to look different for a change. To present myself different was not something I did often but here they wouldn't even know.