The Invasion

After the story I brought my father back to his bedroom then I hurry to mine. My dress is white with golden lace sewed into it.The dress has a low cut neckline (but of course it is still appropriate) to show off my tattoo. It is nicely placed on my collar bone with a metallic gold color. Sometimes I find it strange it seems to glow at night but no one notices except me. The dress is form fitting which cuts of at the knees. I fasten my white and gold belt tightly around my waist. I put on a beige colored robe that is floor length. The sleeves of the robe billow out like a bell and I take time being silly and twirl around like a little girl. I then fix my hair in to braids. I put on my shoes that are brown sandals that have straps that I have to wrap around my legs.

      My favorite servant, Lyca came in and I allowed her to apply my makeup. First she paints on a sweet smelling lipstick, and then pads it down with cloth making sure it isn't too red or it will look like my lips are bleeding. Then she applies gold powder to my eyes, and then she paints golden swirls around my cheeks. Finally, she adds a thin layer of shimmery powder on my entire face. I dismiss her then I wait outside until every member of my family is there.

       My brother arrives first he wears a white tunic with gold buttons. Beige pants and brown shoes. He is quite handsome in his attire. In fact lots of girls think he is handsome. When I am with my brother and we meet up with other royals, the minor princesses gather around and chat with each other, sneaking glances at him. After years of studying people instead of interacting with them I have learned many things. I can tell what they are thinking of by the way they move and talk. Observing is the key to knowing their true self.

       My brother is very popular among the royals while I  stay behind and watch. There would be no point trying to make friends when everyone thinks you act like a boring kill-joy adult. I talk to adults more often because they are easier to relate. My mother always said I mature at an unique rate. That is why I know I am definitely more mature than my brother, sometimes I even include my father.

      We are quite small for a royal family; we are only four to be exact. We always had to coordinate our clothing before outings because we have to keep up the royal image and crest. Our symbol is 2 swords crossed into and x and a golden dragon flying through the x. Finally I figured out what the means I just thought we like war and the color gold.  As soon as every one was there me and my mother got into the carriage while my father and brother went to a separate one.

       The horses start to move, their manes swish back and forth with each step. I see the people on the streets following our carriages through the curtain in the window. My father is fun loving and doesn't mind if they were to do this. We got to the village center and Akai and Father came out then I come out with my mother. One of the military generals stood on top of the platform and as we made our way he was announcing.

 "Emperor Paso, Empress Nikala, Princess Kalia and Prince Akai Is here to announce the most joyous time of the year."

"Thank you, General Erkio." My father says,

"Welcome villagers of the Dragon Valley. We are here today to announce the coming of the Rice Festiv..."

A scream broke out in the crowd then arose and flag, specifically a Nakan flag. An army emerges through the crowd. People in black armor with single chest plates like scales on the black dragon itself. They were armed with cross bows, swords, spears and many more. Then the happiest moment of the year is ruined with a brutal murder. A soldier fires an arrow at a man because he was brave enough to speak. Then our soldiers hurry to defend, bringing out anything that will help push them back. A man, tall and stocky with a long beard riding an elegant horse lead the army. I hardly noticed him until he said

"Surrender Emperor Paso or suffer the wrath of General Isam!" he yelled. I couldn't hold my rage at him, this is my favorite time of the year then he marches in and kills one of my people.

"How dare you! Why are you here?" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Kalia, don't provoke him." My father says protectively putting an arm in front of me.

"What do you want general?" My father says

"Our Emperor is declaring war in 7 days if you are to not obey us we will take someone with us to make sure you will follow."

"Who would you take?"

A wicked smile played on his face, and then he flicked his wrist. I felt two large hands grip my shoulders, and then I was pulled back and restrained. A deadly blade poised on my neck ready to slice. I looked at my father who was standing up after supposedly being pushed away. My brother was holding back my mom who looked like she was screaming but making no sound. Her hand was stretched out in front of her. It looked like she wanted to run to me or to possibly try to defend me somehow. 

My brother leaned over and was whispering in her ear but I knew she would refuse to listen. I heard a few words slip out, "If they take you, it might be worse."

I know me and my brother had a fairly good brother sister relationship, I couldn't believe at all that he said this. My breathing was already short and aggravated. But when I heard that, my breathing practically stopped.

"No... no please... we accept your request for war now please. Let her go!" my mother says with her tears cutting lines into the blue swirls on her face. My mother's beautiful features became red and blotchy, her mouth was contorted in pain. I never saw my mother like this, it was something that I wouldn't ever forget.

"I never said I would give her back." Isam chuckles cruelly, "Put her in chains"

Chains clamp my wrist then I am dragged away to supposedly suffer very painful and dreadful death.