Chapter 14 - Let's Kill Your Best Friend!

Cody and I were in my room listening to Louder Than Thunder by The Devil Wears Prada. One of my favorites by the band, even though it doesn't have any screaming. Cody was sitting cross legged on my bed, mouthing the lyrics to herself while I was sitting at my computer desk updating my Facebook and what not. I didn't go on it much, but never hurts to have one. 

"That song is amazing." Cody speaks when the song ends. 

I turn around and look at her. I can't help the smile that comes to my face whenever I look at her. She's just so beautiful. How could I end up with someone as awesome as her, and as beautiful. 

"So are you." I say.

"That's so cheesy, Jace." She chuckles.

I laugh with her and shake my head. "Don't say you don't like my cheesy lines."

"What if I don't?" She narrows her eyes at me and smiles playfully.

I quickly got up from the chair, and ran towards the bed and tackled Cody so she was laying on her back and I was above her. "Then I'll have to make you like them." I smile.

She smiled back up at me. "And how do you plan on doing that?" 

"By constantly telling you cheesy lines until you tell me you like them." 

"Oh really now?" She giggles.

I move my face closer to hers, and my nose instantly picks up her vanilla cake batter scent that makes my mouth water. 

"Yup. Get used to it, sweet cheeks." I chuckle quietly in her ear.

"Ew! Sweet cheeks?! Anything but that!" She laughs playing with my hair that fell into her face.

"Alright. I'll stick with, Code." I peck her lips, and smile at her.

"Good." She smiles and moved her head towards the TV and gasped. "Get off!" 

I instantly jump off her, and fall off the bed. I popped my head back up so I could see her, and I end up finding my mate laughing her ass off. "What the hell, Cody?" 

"Family Guy is on! I never miss it!" She says between her laughter.

I get up from the floor grumbling to myself, and get back on the bed. "Family Guy? You make me fall off my bed, for Family Guy?" I playfully glare at my blue eyed mate.

She smiles at me and nods.

"You're lucky I love you." 

She laughs quietly and pulls her knees up to her chest so she can wrap her arms around her legs. "Can we watch it now?" She whispers.

I lean over and kiss the side of her head. "Of course." I grab my remote and turn on the TV. I cange the channel to the correct station and the intro to Family Guy is just starting. "Right on time." I lean back on my head board and get comfortable.

Cody scoots next to me, and snuggles into the side of my body. I smile to myself and wrap my arm across her back. 

"So when are you going to tell the pack about Brent's plan?"

"Shit. I forgot. I'll be right back, unless you want to come?" I look down at her.

"Yeah." She smiled and moved off of me. 

I got off the bed and so did she, I walked over to her and grabbed her hand, twinign our fingers together, and walking out of my room and down to the kitchen where I knew the whole pack would be.

We got downstairs and, just like I said, the whole pack was in the huge kitchen. We walked into the kitchen and saw that everyone was surrounded around Jaden and Luke who were yelling. Well more like Luke yelling at Jaden who was laughing.