Chapter 5 - Broken Hearts, and Broken Families

(Jace)

Why the hell id Cody here?! This meeting is for werewolves and hunters only! 

Wait a minute...

"Jace, why is your mate here?" Jaden asks me.

Cody's blue eyes never leave mine. They held sadness, anger, and disgust. Was my mate disgusted by the fact that I'm a werewolf? That would be the end of my life.

Someone pulled Cody to the side. Brent. I figured he was a hunter. 

Jaden shook his head at me, noticing I wasn't going to answer him anytime soon with Cody being here. He turned to the crowd of werewolves and hunters. "Welcome. We wanted to discuss with you hunters, about our pack safety." 

"You're killers!" My angels voice screamed. I looked at her face and see tears rolling down her face. 

Without thinking, I got out of my chair next to Jadens, and walked over to my mate. 

"Code." I say.

She looks up at me, tears streaming down her face. I lift my hand up to wipe the tears away.

"Jace! What the hell are you doing?!" My father bellowed.

"We need to break up." Cody croaked.

No. No, no, no! I've waited so long to find my mate, and when I finally have her...Just no! I can't let her leave, I just got her.

"Cody, please." I begged.

"No! I will never go out with a werewolf! They're killers! Your kind killed my father!" She yelled.

I tried to take her hands in mine, but she always pulled them away from my touch. My heart broke into million pieces.

My mate turned to her best friend. "Brent, take me home." 

"I can't leave." He told her.

"Your mate is a fucking hunter?!" Dad yelled.

"Cody, please. Can we work this out?" I tried.

"Jace," Her electric blue eyes captured me. "I don't want you near me ever again."

My eyes went wide, and my breathe became shallow. "I can't do that." I say with all honesty.

"Try." She said, more tears rolling down her face. "Starting now."

"Cody, I can't do that. I need you." I pleaded.

"Well, I don't need you. Goodbye, Jace." And she left out the front door.

The whole pack was in shock of what just happened. Either my mate was a hunter, or I was just rejected.

Some of the slutty girls in the pack smiled as they watched Cody leave. They all pushed their boobs up, and hiked up their skirts.

I paid them no attention. I just stared at the front door, hoping Cody would come in laughing, and take me back.

But I knew that wasn't going to happen.

My mate rejected me.

How can this happen? Why couldn't she understand we could get through this? Hunter or not, that girl is my mate, and I'll do anything to get her back.

Cody is mine and only mine. Nothing can get in my way.

"Jace." My father's voice growled.

Maybe that...

(Cody)

I walked out of that stupid pack house, and went down the dirt path to civilization. I wiped the tears from my eyes, and my mind was filled with the few memories I had with Jace.

I shook my head. I couldn't like Jace anymore. His kind are killers, and I don't need Luke getting hurt next. 

"Cody!" Brent's voie yelled.

"Go away!" I yell back.

"Cody, I love you!"

I stop dead in my tracks, and turned around. "What?"

Brent stared at me in shock. "I-I love you." He took a step towards me. "I have since forever."

"Cody! Cody! Cody!" Luke's voice suddenly yelled.

I look behind my best friend to see my brother sprinting towards us. When he reached me, he grabbed my shoulders. "You can't do this!" Luke yelled.

I wiped the remaining tears away with the backs of my hands. "Do what."

"You can't leave Jace!"

"How the hell did you know about that?!"

"I was there nimb rod! You have to get back with Jace!"

"He's a killer!" More tears fell down my face.

"Everything dad told you about werewolves is wrong! You don't know them like I do!"

"How do you know, Luke?! How do you know so much about those killers?!" I jabbed a finger in the pack house direction.

"Because I am one!"

My breathing hitched, then everything went black.

*************************************************************************************************

DUN DUNN!!! 

So, Jace got rejected...That's gotta suckkkkk!

Song on the side: If I'm James Dean, Then You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens

AWESOME SONG!!! <3

Picture on the side: The cast!!

VOMMENT!!

:D -FallenTorment16