Chapter 1-Love Will Survive

Chapter 1

Love will Survive

Peter's POV

Love has a funny way of bending our minds, morphing our thoughts so we are willing to do anything to keep that love alive. Even when we know for sure it's dead. Sometimes, it changes us for the better, but for the most part it drives us insane. But the other problem with love, you never know truly how much you love someone until they're gone. Which makes the pain a million times worse.

At the moment the one thing, the one person you ever love died you try everything to bring them back. No matter how crazy or insane the idea might be, you don't care as long as you get to see them again. How do I know that? Because I didn't have a clue what my body was doing. My thoughts were running wild, and I felt as though I had no control of my body. I couldn't help it; I was acting on pure emotion.

My hands gripped her shoulders, shaking her violently, seeming to believe I could shake the life back into her. When the truth is, I was probably doing the exact opposite. Her eyes were shut, never to reopen. Her blood stained my hands, and my clothes. But I didn't care; all I cared about was her.

I was willing to do anything to get her back. By this point, although it's only been minutes since the life has faded from Haven's body, tears were streaming down my face, and my vision was blurred. My hands pounded on her chest, hoping for some sort of response, anything. There was no response, nothing. She was lifeless, and it was my entire fault.

I still wasn't thinking properly, everything in my mind was jumbled. Love, anger, sadness, and pure agony were running through my veins. I had to do something, there had to be something I could do to get her back. I couldn't live without her. Staring at her pale face my heart seemed to break over and over again.

I had somehow calmed myself down to stop shaking her, and to stop trying to get her back to life. Her head rested on my lap. Her face was paler than normal, yet somehow she looked just as pretty as she did before. But below that, her neck was covered in the small cuts Hook had drawn with the dreamshade covered knife. And below that was the wound that killed her.

No matter how many times I've been injured, this pain hurt more. It hurt more than being stabbed with a thousand knives would. My finger tips found their way to her hair, running my hands through the strands of brown curly hair. I didn't care if she wasn't alive it wasn't going to change how much I love her.

I couldn't control how I felt. Why hadn't I realized it earlier? Why hadn't I realized I loved her? Why couldn't I have admitted it?

I slowly lifted her neck up, off of my lap, so her hair was no longer sprawled all over the ground. I needed her, and I was going to get her back no matter what, or so I hoped. We've all heard the stories, true love is supposed to survive everything. But in this moment, most all of my hope was gone.

I knew I couldn't live without her, and I wouldn't. I leaned down, lifting her head gently up to mine. And pressing my lips gently to hers.

Haven's POV

Before I well kind of....died, I didn't have a clue what death was. And quite frankly, I still had no clue. Which is odd considering that is most likely where I am now.

Death is blackness. It's like you're unconscious, and in your own little world. I can honestly say, I thought death would be a little less boring. But what can I expect. With everything I went through when I was alive, I was kind of glad that I could finally rest. But, I was not happy about the world to yourself part. I don't like being alone, and especially not in pitch black. Because all I'm left to do is think. And we all know where that leads.

I hadn't been dead long, or in least I don't think it's been long. But it's weird, I don't feel fully dead, but at the same time I do. I don't really understand it either. But, that's just how I feel. I still feel magic pulsing through my veins, but I don't even think that's possible. Because firstly how can I feel my veins? And secondly I'm dead...and that's not how things work.

It's like I can feel things, except I'm not actually touching anything. I don't really know. I'm confused as to what's happening to me.

It happened in a second. That's how quickly things changed. You know how I said, all I could see was blackness, well that changed pretty quickly. And I could definitely feel something now. But I still wasn't sure what. It felt so strange. It was like my whole body was suddenly coming back to life. Like magic was flooding back into my body. Is that even possible? I'm not sure, but that's how I felt.

The numbness I felt before was slowly fading, and my senses were slowly coming back to life.

It was like I was waking up from death.

Pan's POV

She didn't respond at first, but of course she didn't...she was dead. I broke the kiss. Or was it even a real kiss when you're kissing a dead person. My eyes still filled with tears as I stared down at the body I had presumed would be lifeless. I thought she'd look the same way she did minutes before. Eyes closed, skin white, and no beating heart.

But this time it was different. Everything was different. Even I strangely felt different. I felt as though I had changed, I didn't know how. But I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me.

And Haven, she has changed too. The magic she used to have seemed to be returning to her body. Her wounds slowly healed, the blood covered skin cleaned and returned to her original tanner, not white skin. Even the bloodstains on her clothes disappeared, and her hair, was no longer a tangled mess.

She's returned to her original beautiful and alive self. Alive? Yes, because in merely seconds her eyes had opened to meet mine.

(A/N: I am soo sorry I haven't uploaded recently. I've been super busy. I am so sorry, I really am. It's just that school is really becoming an issue right now. I have a bunch of projects, exams, and speeches I have to do. I'll try to upload as much as I can. I really will. But if I don't, please don't get mad at me. I hope you understand. It's just that March and April are really horrible months school work wise. And for me, school is a priority over writing. I'm sorry, but as much as I love writing, I have to focus on school work right now. I'll try to update once every weekend (maybe even twice), but I really don't know how much time I'll have. On top of school work, I need to worry about a bunch of other stuff too. But I promise, once I get past in least March (mayber mid-April), I will be uploading a lot more than I have recently. I really hope you understand.

Winner of dedication: Meezer20. Thanks so much for your comment. And yes, the dedications are working the same way as the last book. Just answer the question in the comments below, and I'll choose someone. (You can only get one per book though).

Question for this chapter: Am I the only with a lot of school work? Who else is excited for spring? I can actually see a little grass now! I haven't seen that since December!

Oh and the cover contest is still going on, the link is in the external link of the Prolouge, so please check them out and put your vote in the comments!

Thanks!

Comment

Vote!

full_of_dreams_