I Don't Like You...Oh Wait, Ya I Do-Juliet Ch.20

hey guys, well i just updated but i felt like i should write this, no matter how short it is, hope y'all like it and i REALLY want your input on what you thought!!!

read!

vote!

comment!

Juliet:

“And I don’t need to sit here and explain myself to a wanna-be Prince Charming” I said and turned on my heel to walk away. A few moments of silence passed, the only sound the crickets chirping and my angry stomps toward the street.

I felt him grab my arm and he was suddenly spinning me around and all of the sudden his arm was around my waist and his lips were on mine. I pushed against his chest, trying to separate my lips from his but his grip tightened in a comfortable pain. His lips were urgent but soft on mine as I stood motionless. And then I realized...how good his lips felt and I caved, moving my lips against his. I raised my hand and, uncertain where to put it, laid it lightly over his racing heart.

I felt the fabric of my shirt lift up slightly, the chilly air raising small goose bumps. A moment later the warmth returned as Conner’s large thumb laid against my hip, rubbing up and down lightly.

Kissing Conner was like nothing I’d ever felt before. There weren’t any hypothetical ‘fireworks’ but there was definitely a warm feeling growing in my chest and stomach that had my free hand curling into Conner’s hair and my nails scratching his scalp. Everywhere he touched sent a shot of electricity racing through my veins, arching my back, and pressing me against him even more.

Quinn didn’t kiss anything like-Quinn! I placed both arms on Conner’s stomach and pushed him away from me somewhat sloppily and covered my tingling mouth with my hand.

He looked at me with a wide-eyed expression as he breathed heavily. We watched each other from a few feet away for a moment, quietly studying each other as out breathing returned to normal. “Well, that was...”  I started quietly, unsure of what to say next but Conner picked it right up and said, “Yeah...that was something.” I nodded silently, the silence between us growing for a few moments. I tried to wrap my head around what had just happened. I had just practically made-out with my 'sworn enemy'. And while I had a loving and caring boyfriend at that! In a barely there whisper I managed to say, “But it can’t happen again.” Conner looked at me with a bewildered but pained look, as if he was expecting what was coming next.

“I’m dating Quinn, Conner.” I stated in hopefully a final voice but I knew it wasn’t as brave as I’d like it to be when I heard my voice quiver. “He’s my boyfriend and I’m not going to cheat on him” I added in a more finalized voice.

“Dump him.” Conner said in such a nonchalant voice that I thought I might have heard him wrong. “Excuse me?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “You heard me,” Conner stated, taking a step forward. “Dump him.” He repeated, stuffing his hands in his pockets and shrugging. “Ok, even if I did, what would happen then?” I asked, putting my hands in my back pockets, trying not to get worked up.

He took another step in front of me and I flinched slightly. “You could be with me” he said and I looked at my feet, shaking my head. “Hey, hey,” he said, placing his hands on my upper arms. “C’mon, look at me”? He crooked a finger and placed it under my chin, lifting my face to meet his. “Just be with me, Juliet” his voice quavered  ever so slightly, his eyes glassy with vulnerability and I realized how hard this was for him. “I like you, Juliet and I would go to the ends of the earth to make you happy...just say yes” he pleaded, leaning forward slowly and wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into his chest, his chin resting on my head. I bit my lip, sniffed, and forced back the tears that were threatening to spill over before slowly and painfully pushing him away, leaning out of his grip at the same time.

            “I can’t” I said, my voice breaking as a lone tear fell. I wiped it away and bit my lip. “I’m so sorry” I whispered in a rushed breath, my head bowed before I turned without looking at him and started walking down the dark street.

            And this time, he didn’t follow me.

COMMENT! let me know what you think!