I Don't Like You...Oh Wait, Ya I Do-Quinn/Conner Ch.16

hey evry1! the votes started slowing down so i figured i might as well update:) 90 votes to update:) i wasnt really sure who's POV this  should be in and ima leave it up to YOU to comment and tell me who's POV u wnt the next chapter to be in!!!! conner? quinn? juliet? YOU decide!

read!

comment!

vote!!

She blushed. “I don’t get why you keep calling me gorgeous, I’m not that pretty” she said, looking at her toes peeping out of her shoes while she tucked her hair behind her ear and bite her lip, a surefire sign that she was nervous. “Babe,” I started, slinging an arm around her shoulders as we strolled towards the living room. “I thought we’ve been over this? It’s just who I am”. Ya, smooth as an ice cube.

She rolled her eyes and laughed, making me smile. “Oh really?” she asked, playing along. I grinned goofily. “Hell yes! I have girls falling all over me wherever I go” But the one I want isn’t I thought, pointedly looking at Juliet intensely.

“What?” she questioned, doing her nervous habit again. I shook my head, a good natured smile plastered on my lips. “It’s nothing” I answered her. She shrugged under my arm. “Whatever you say hot stuff” she answered, smiling wickedly, completely oblivious to my heart skipping a beat. “So, what did you have in mind for us today?” she asked, looking up at me slightly, awaiting my answer. “I don’t know, hadn’t really thought about it” I told her, shrugging nonchalantly.

But I had thought about it...a lot...

“How about a movie?” she suggested, referring to my massive selection on a dozen shelves, each holding about twenty movies each. “Ya, sure” I agreed, gesturing for her to pick one. She casually strolled over, her hair cascaded over her shoulders and her head tilted to the side as she scanned the titles, her fingers brushing over each case. I watched her, my hands in my pockets. She was just so beautiful. So heart-achingly beautiful. “Find one yet?” I asked with an eyebrow raised. She looked over at me and smiled brilliantly. “No, not yet” she turned back and looked at the titles for a few more seconds before pulling one out. “This one” she said determinedly, striding toward me.

I cocked my eyebrow. “Really? That one?” I asked. She nodded vehemently, an adorably stern look on her face. As she pulled up in front of me she cracked a grin. “Yup, this one”

Conner:

Stupid, stupid, STUPID. Why did you spill about Anna, Conn?! I asked myself. I had spilled everything about Anna to someone I had known for a week. How did I know that she wasn’t going to go and spill this to everyone that hadn’t heard of it? Damn Juliet and her stupid innocence. If her transfixing big blue eyes hadn’t widened that fraction of an inch when I had snapped at her, none of that stuff would have spilled out and I wouldn’t be pacing my room, debating whether or not to text her and ask her to not tell anyone.

I know I already did before she had left but one more reassurance wouldn’t hurt, right? Sooth my racing heart and rambling mind? I picked up my phone, ready to dial but I set it back down on my nightstand. No, don’t want to seem desperate. I was almost to the point where I would start tugging my hair out in frustration. “I don’t need this” I muttered to myself, forcing my legs to bend and deposit me on my bed.

I closed my eyes and inhaled once, willing my mind to stop processing a million things a second. Nothing bad is gonna happen. Nothing bad is gonna happen. I repeated to myself. Like a mantra. No-thing-bad-is-gon-na-hap-pen. Over and over. Easy right?

Not.

Juliet needed to get out of my damn head. She was dangerously messing with the important parts of my brain, surrounding and threatening to invade, filling my every waking-and sleeping-thought with Juliet’s soft skin and flowing blue eyes and the way her hair fell softly over her shoulder.