Chapter XI - Arrow

<>------<>Arrow<>------<>

The sound of the door opening and shutting. A soft pair of feet moved past my bunk.

Nero thought he was being quite sneaky. He thinks a lot of things, most of which he is mistaken about.

I didn’t know if the others had any luck, but when it came to sleeping that night, my mind simply said, LOL! You thought you could sleep? Good joke. I hate my mind. Who knew?

Morning rolled around pretty fast. I wanted talk to Nero, find out where he went last night. Does he know something important that he’s not telling us?

‘Arrow!’ Midnight shook my shoulder. ‘Wake up!’

‘I was never asleep,’ I tugged the covers over my head. ‘Now go away!’

He sighed, ‘The others are here.’

I jerked the sheets off and sat up carefully not to bang my head on Destiny’s empty bunk, ‘What?’

‘The Sorrows are here,’ he repeated. ‘They got here nearly an hour ago. They’re waiting outside with Nero and Destiny.’

I yawned, ‘Where’s Aeras?’

Midnight smirked at me and stomped his foot on the ground, causing a mini earthquake in the ship. A dark mass tumbled out of the other bunk and hit the floor with a huge thump.

Aeras groaned, ‘Gods, Midnight. Because I so wanted to lose a few brain cells.’

Midnight scoffed and threw me my cloak which I caught with ease, ‘What brain cells? The Sorrows are here, so you better hurry. Destiny and Nero are waiting with them.’

He left with a dramatic turn and swish of his cloak. I locked eyes with Aeras and started laughing.

‘It’s not funny,’ he told me, barely able to keep a straight face himself.

‘Yes it is,’ I chuckled bluntly.

He rolled his eyes, ‘Come on, sis, we better hurry. Toss me my boots?’

‘Thanks for coming guys,’ Aeras said to the group. ‘We’re kind of in a bad state.’

The Sorrows stood dutifully to attention. Their translucent silvery whitish gold wings cast dainty patterns on the long grass and turned the hillside a strange rainbow of spectral colours. Fifteen sets of eyes that were easily recognizable as ones standard for children of the big three were fixed on my brother as he organized the group like the leader he was born to be.

‘Ewan and Aaron, Midnight is going to escort the two of you to Olympus. Ewan you’re to try and heal the gods.’

The twins saluted, identical electric blue eyes sparking like a lightning storm.

‘Eden,’ Aeras continued, beckoning the small girl forward. ‘I know it’s dangerous, but you need to see if you can glimpse the future just a bit.’

She shrugged, a tiny of movement of her shoulders, ‘I’ll try.’

‘Good,’ Areas pinched the bridge of his nose. ‘Holly and Amber, I want you two guarding the borders of the camp. Nero told me there was monster attack last night. Neveah you can do that too, both of you.’

Neveah concentrated until a mirror image of herself appeared in front of her. Together, they said in sync, ‘We’re on it.’

‘Fabian, you’re going to be part of our communication, ‘Midnight put in. ‘You and Amber.’