Chapter 15

Luke opens up his dresser drawer and pulls out a pair of his American Apparel boxers, along with a white t-shirt, handing them to me afterwards. "This better be clean." I say, chucking as I held up the boxers to examine its cleanliness.

"They are, princess." He laughs, shaking his head before closing the drawer. I walk into his bathroom and peel off the stupidly tight dress and slide his t- shirt over my head, along with his boxers. The sweet smell of his cologne made me smile and I'm glad to be out of that dress and into some comfortable clothes.

I take a look in the mirror. His shirt fit me 3 sizes too big, although Luke was pretty skinny. My hair was a mess, and my make-up, horrible as well but I didn't bother to fix it.

It takes me a little longer than it normally should to open the bathroom door. When I finally complete the daunting task, I almost fall to the floor after pushing the door open with all my strength. Luke looks over at me with clear amusement on his face as his lips were pulled into a smile. I think he finds it entertaining that I'm drunk and can't even open a door.

"I think your door is broken." I say, looking at the doorknob closely, trying to find the problem.

"I think we've both had a little too much to drink. And you look perfect in my underwear if I may add. You should get used to being in them." Luke winks and laughs as he pulls me away from the bathroom door. I try to walk on my own, but I stumble a bit. It was a challenge for me to put one leg and the other inside the holes of his boxers, never mind walking with one foot in front of the other. Luke, who was a little less drunk then me, holds my arms and keeps me steady. "C'mon, let's go downstairs." He smiles, walking with me down the hallway, and down the stairs.

It took us at least two minutes to walk down the stairs without tripping on our own two feet. Luke walks me over to his couch and sets me down, before walking into his enormous kitchen. He grabs two glasses out of the cabinet and fills them up with water, before walking back over to the couch and sitting down next to me. I hold onto my bear arms as I felt a little chilly. Luke hands me my glass and I thank him before he gets up and grabs a blanket. "Here." He says, covering me with it. I smile softly, snuggling up in the warm blanket before taking small sips of the cold water.

"Thanks for playing along at the party. My friends believed it, and so did I for a little bit." He says and chuckles softly, taking a sip of his water.

I bite my lip slightly and nod, "Yeah, I mean... It's fine." I say, not really knowing how to answer him.

He smirks, "I'm going to have to avoid my mom for the rest of my life." He laughs and I join him.

"Yeah, she came at the perfect time." I say, recalling what had just happened less than 15 minutes ago. "Your mom needs to give a warning before I injure myself by falling off your bed." I add and Luke laughs again.

"I'll make sure to tell her that." He smiles and looks over at the cable box under his TV, revealing the time. "Want me to take you home now? It's getting pretty late." He asks, and I shake my head.

"I'd really rather not." I say, taking another gulp of the water. The last thing I wanted to do was go back there. If I was lucky, my mother would only be up to her third drink by this time. I don't want to go back to that house. I wish I could just run away, and never turn back. Believe me, I've thought about it multiple times, But the fact that I barely have any money does not come in my favor.

"Why not? I mean, I know your parents don't really qualify for the 'Parent of the year' award but is it really that bad?" He asks.

"They are getting a divorce." I sigh, looking down and fiddling with the blanket.