16. I Do

Alaska's POV:

I stood at the window, looking down at the back yard. Tristan stood in a tux as my brother and father were laughing along with him. He looks great in that suit, especially under the light of the moon and stars. It has been a year since the battle and everyone has since settled down. So here I am.

I, Alaska Riverwalk, am-

"Alaska! What are you doing?" Asked a very stressed yet very beautiful Liz. Her brown hair was pulled back in a high bun, accentuating her almond eyes. Which were wide with anxieties. "I need your help with my veil! And does this dress make me look fat? Am I breaking out?"

Yup. I, Alaska Riverwalk, am the maid of honor at my sisters wedding.

"Liz you look great," I smiled as I put her veil in place. "And Tom is a lucky man."

"Thank you Alaska," she smiled nervously. "I'm just so scared."

"Don't be," I laughed. "He already proposed. It shows he loves you. You will be happy together."

"Hey," she smiled apologetically. "Did you and Tristan?"

"Its just not our time," I smiled heartbroken.

"Alaska, you know you can talk to me right?" She said as she sat down worried.

"Its nothing," I laughed. "Besides today is your day! Let's get going before Tom thinks you're not going down!"

"Liz! Alaska!" Mom has called. We laughed and went downstairs. "There you are! Were about ready.... To start..."

She trailed off as she looked at us both. Her eyes were confused and she put her hand to her heart. Then, she pointed at me.

"Walk back upstairs then walk back down," she ordered.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked as I walked upstairs.

"Shush! Everyone be quiet," she whispered. Then, when everyone was quiet, "Alaska, come back down the stairs."

I did as what I was told and came back downstairs, I couldn't help but feel panic. What is going on here? Why is she having me do this? My moms face light up and her eyes welled with tears.

"My baby!" She cried as she held my face. At the same time, everyone rejoiced. What is going on here?

"Mom?" I began as I looked at her in confusion.

"My beautiful, beautiful baby girl," she cried. Then she laughed and placed her hand on my stomach. "You're pregnant."

Say what?!

"Oh this is so exciting!" Liz squealed.

"Alaska, why aren't you happy?" Mom asked smile faltering.

"What will dad say?" I asked my breath becoming ragged. "What will Tristan say?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't think Tristan wants to get married." I said as the tears came.

I didn't care that my make up was now ruined.

I didn't care that everyone was trying to calm me down.

What I did care about was Tristan's words.

We're mates, already married in spirit, already married in a sense. We are living together and we do everything with each other. Do you want to get married?