8.Games We Play

Liz's POV:

When Tristan finally approved of my dress choice we got in the car. This is not what I signed up for. I had always dreamed of having a mate who cared for me, who loved me, who craved me. Not this mess that I got mixed up in.

"Tristan why are we going?" I asked again even more agitated.

"I already told you where we are going," he said avoiding my question.

"That is not what I asked." I said through clenched teeth. "Is she going to be there?"

Tristan said nothing but his jaw tightened confirming my suspicion. I sighed as my tears began to show themselves. He shattered all of my dreams of a mate. Someone who is loyal to only their mate. The feelings I was having only assured my conviction that rejection can kill. So I started to cry.

"Liz?" He inquired. I began crying harder then since that was the first time he had ever addressed me by my name.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I cried. "Why?"

"I don't hate you," he had simply stated.

"Why do you keep lying to me?" I cried. "You hate me. I know you hate me because you are chasing someone who isn't me, your mate!"

"How do I know your actually my mate?" His doubt evident.

"Why do you insist she is?" I asked back.

"Because we love each other," he said through clenched teeth.

"Love? Or you want to hit it then quit it?" I asked sick of his fairy tale dreams.

"Its better than being with you," he answered as my heart broke into a million pieces.

        🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Tristan's POV:

She was trying to cry silently but I still heard every whimper that escaped those lips. Each one made me feel more of a monster every time. Her cries and her hatred toward Alaska are evident yet I just can't will myself to believe that Alaska isn't my mate.

"You want to kill me," she had whispered.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"You want me dead," she repeated.

"No I don't," I said squeezing the steering wheel. "I just want to be with Alaska."

"The other woman," she sneered. "Don't you dare say her name in front of me."

"Why not?" I snapped. "She is an amazing woman who-"

"Wants to steal my mate at all costs," she deadpanned. "Well guess what?"

"What?"

"Reject me then," she smiled. "If you want her so bad reject me. Then neither of us get what we want."

"Why don't you reject me?"

"Because unlike you," she spoke softly moving forward. "I actually am attracted to you. As much as I hate you, I can't stand to think of you chasing some girl."

My whole demeanor changed as her  hand rubbed my arm. It made me realize the only reason she was so mad at me was because I only wanted Alaska.

"Now either reject me or love me now." She said close enough to feel her breath on my neck. "I am not willing to share you with her."

        🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Alaska's POV:

This party isn't so bad. This guy claims he's to be the future Alpha of Greenwood. His name is Andre and he is quite handsome. His dark skin, his grayish blue eyes, his muscular build. My heart would beat faster as he looked my way.