Four

Jacob Fryer was the second most popular guy out of all of the juniors. Parties were his scene, girls were his scene. Being captain of the JV basketball team had its perks. Girls were willing to spread their legs for a night with the beloved captain. Then his façade all cam crashing down when a wiry brunette took over. Their relationship was full of love and passion--for three weeks. It was the ultimate texting relationship of the year. It all came crashing down when Jacob left Katherine because she "had a flat ass". Her ass was definitely not flat. Turns out, he had a butt fetish. maybe he was crazy to stick it between someone's cheeks.

Turns out, it was him who wanted it up the butt.

"I dated a gay boy!" Katherine wailed.

"Hey, maybe he's just bi." I tried to reason. It was obviously the wrong thing to say.

"Raelynn, he is not bi, okay? He has to be gay. Look at him, just look at him!" She pointed. I wasn't particularly interested in seeing Jacob dry hump a guy who was probably ten years older than him.

"Katherine,"

"That's it, I'm going in." She cut me off, marching toward the direction of her former lover (for three weeks). The look on his face when he recognized Katherine was something I would cherish for at least a whole five minutes.

"How could you date me, when you knew you were gay?" She yelled.

"I had a reputation to uphold!" Fryer argued, holding his hands up in the air. That was not a valid enough reason for even Katherine, and Katherine valued her reputation more than money.

"Admit you didn't break up with me because of my ass. You wanted something other than a stick up yours!" She was causing a scene. Shoppers were watching from afar, passerby's were quickening their pace, and angry mothers were giving Katherine the evil eye. It was time for me to step in, but I didn't really know how. So I improvised.

"We'll be going now." I said shyly, grabbing her by the shoulders and guiding her away. My feet were stumbling over air. I wished I knew how to comfort her, but my lack of experience in the relationship department kept me from doing so. I patted her back softly as we entered the Jamba Juice. Hopefully all she needed was a strawberry smoothie to soothe the pain. If the school found out about Jacob's homosexuality, Katherine would lose her mind. Not that anyone would care, but she would most certainly be embarrassed that she lost her virginity to a gay boy. Her gaydar was in need of repair. Poor girl.

"Raelynn, is my gaydar that bad." She asked as she retrieved her drink.

"Kind of." I admitted sheepishly. I hated to confirm her worst fear, but she'd rather it be me than one of the populars.

"Why am I always attracted to people who turn out to be gay." She groaned, collapsing against one of the tables.

"Hey, I wouldn't have guessed Troye Sivan either."

"You don't count, no one expects you to have a good gaydar."

Ouch. So much for comforting her. I pretended to smile, but it kind of stung. It was just another reminder that I wasn't important enough to be cared about.

"Crap, Raelynn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." She apologized. She knew I was hiding the fact it bothered me. I continued sipping my smoothie without making eye contact. Then I did what seemed like the only thing I could do. I lied.

"Hey, my mom needs me home right now," I pretended to be reading a text, "can you drop me off?"

"Yeah, let's head out. Here's my keys, go ahead. I have to use the bathroom." She tossed me her car keys, and I caught them.