Three

I tapped my pencil, patiently waiting for the bell to ring. School was boring, but the workload was beginning to become taxing. I was officially spent. Between the homework for myself, as well as Katherine and Ashton's homework, I was just plain tired. It was starting to take a toll on my appearance, not that I considered myself pretty to begin with. Dark circles outlined my tired eyes, and my face was slightly dotted with red marks. I was afraid if I put concealer on, it would only make it look worse. I needed a weekend, and I needed it fast.

But it was Tuesday.

Damn Tuesday.

I stifled a yawn as I dragged myself through the halls and into my science class. I knew the fifty minutes would seem like hours, but I willed myself on. I dreaded hearing stupid lectures about natural selection, because the truth was, I didn't care. No matter how much I loved a subject, it was the teacher's job to keep me interested.

Unfortunately, Mr. Noonan was the epitome of boring.

I sat alone at my desk daily, granting me access to the entire table. I could put my bag on one chair, and my supplies on another. I could stretch my legs out on a third chair after completing my assignments. I could doze under the bright lights of the lab when I was comfortable. I could do whatever I pleased space wise.

And then he sat next to me.

My happiness level dropped from .2 to .02. It was Luke, and I hadn't given him a second thought since I saw him at Starbucks twenty-one hours ago. Why he was sitting next to me, I had no idea. So I took out a book instead and started reading. I vaguely heard him laugh.

"It's the quiet ones that are the most interesting." He said. I ignored him. If I ignored him he would leave (best social tip I could ever offer).

"But I guess you don't fall under that category." He decided after waiting for a response he wouldn't get. That kind of ticked me off.

"I think you're just as bored with this class as I am, and I think you're pretending to read your book so that I'll go away, but if you weren't blankly staring at the page, you would notice there are literally no other open seats." Luke huffed. I narrowed my eyes at the words ever so slightly. Man this book was rotten.

"I'm not quiet." I finally mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what?" He cupped his ear for effect.

"I'm not quiet, I just don't know anyone in this class and I have no desire to talk to them."

"Well you're stuck with me for the day. Speaking of which, how do you know Ashton Irwin?" He raised his brow.

"Who wants to know?"

"Me."

"Wonderful for you."

"That still doesn't answer my question."

"He's my friend, we hang out sometimes, okay?" I sighed in annoyance.

"Interesting. Why are you reading a book about the Agricultural Revolution?"

"Maybe I have a fetish for corn harvesting." I snapped. Believe me, I wouldn't read it by choice, it was assigned.

"You seemed more like a dairy person to me." He smirked, showing small dimples in his cheeks. He seemed more like a dairy person than me, his skin was exactly three shades darker than milk.

"I'm full of surprises."

"Cute. Want to buy some pot." He twirled his pencil in his finger. I don't even know how he did it.

"What?"

"I'm kidding. You just said you were full of surprises, and I was wondering if that included being a druggie."