Chapter 1

"Bo!Could you tend to the horses?"Daddy called up to me. I stood up from my bed and hurried down the stairs,pecking my fathers cheek as I asked him. "Of course."I grinned as I walked out onto the porch and looked out into the fields. I let out a happy sigh before turning as I heard the door open,reveling my lovely boyfriend Ryan. I felt him wrap me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around his neck,bringing him down to my height and gently kissed his lips before pulling back and pushing his hair back from his green eyes. "Daddy wants me to tend to the horses,you wanna come?"I whispered softly,looking up at him though my thick eyelashes. He smiled warmly at me and nodded as he then tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

After finishing up with Nelly,I allowed a strand of my hair fall into my face causing Ryan to chuckle and push it away from her face. I chuckled at him before he reached down and grabbed my hand,leading me out of the barn and back towards the house. I leaned against him and smiled,standing up onto my tippy toes and kissed his cheek softly. I truly loved this man. We met in Math class,we sat together and we just fell in love. He was the nerdy boy who would always be reading at lunch and I fell in love with him for the way he is. I lead him into the living room and leaned against his shoulder,my arms wrapping around his and I pulled myself closer to his body. I then heard Maggie yell for daddy. Ryan quickly stood up and pulled me behind him,as we all hurried out onto the deck,Ryan and Jimmy both holding baseball bats. There stood a man with a sheriffs hat,holding onto a boy,blood everywhere."Are you Hershel?"The man asked.Daddy nodded "Was he bit?"Daddy asked. The man shook his head and looked at us,tears filling his eyes. " Shot. By your man."He replied. " Otis?"Patrisha asked. "Please help me!"The man begged. Daddy nodded and then hurried them into the house. "Maggie,get some IV bags. Bo get towels."Daddy told us. I nodded and hurried off grabbing some clean towels from the storage closet and then hurried back into the room. I handed them to daddy and then looked at the young boy. "What's his blood type?"Daddy asked. " A-positive. Same as mine." But Daddy looks no less relieved when he replies, "That's fortunate. Don't wander far. I'm gonna need you."

"Bo,could you please make Rick something to eat?"Daddy asked. I nodded and then looked at the man and then pressed a soft kiss to Ryan's cheek before leading Rick out of the room. "He'll be okay."I told him softly as I walked into the kitchen. I turned hearing the front door open. "Is he okay?"Otis breathed heavily. "Otis,what happened?"Daddy demanded to know. "I was hunting a buck,I didn't see him until he was on the ground."Otis tried to explain. Daddy soon discovers the bullets have broken into pieces in his abdomen and he would likely need to operate.  Ryan took me into his arms as Maggie asked where is wife was. I wrapped my arms tightly around Ryan's waist and hugged him close to me. It was heart breaking to know that e young boy might die after he's lived though his world for so long already. Ryan held me close to him as he carried me out onto the porch,sitting down on the swing,holding me close to his chest. I hummed softly and listened to his steady heartbeat. I intertwined out fingers and smiled a bit up at him. " I'll keep you safe. I promise."He whispered to me.