Chapter 1: "Meet Angel"

(Read my Friend Silver_Fox books! she is a really good writer and her books are one of my many faves! she really wants some reads so, if you love the Love story of Angel & L you will fall in love with the Silver_Fox's books. HAPPY READING!!!)

I stood next to Watari as he stood next to the laptop, and web camera. Lawliet’s monthly visit. I wore my favorite shirt that my best friend Lucy made for me. It was a plain white tank top with an L on it. I have lived in Wammy’s orphanage for a very long time. Not many of the children here know about what happened to me, and how I got here. But Watari knows, and so does Lawliet. Watari found me in a burning car after my parents had died in the horrible accident. I was only 7 back then but, I still remember 9 years later.

“Angel” Watari mumbles under his breath.

I stop humming ‘my three wishes’ “sorry” I whisper “force of habit”

“Thinking about Lawliet?” he asked with a laugh in his voice.

“I’ve missed him very much”

Watari chuckles “he has missed you as well”

I feel my face getting warm. “Does he ask about me much?”

Watari shakes his head slightly “but I wouldn’t worry, he’s been very busy lately”

“Does he still eat sweets as if he will die tomorrow?” I ask trying to lighten the mood.

This makes Watari laugh “Strawberry cake with wipe cream” we say together. Suddenly, Watari’s watch beeps.

“It’s time?” I ask smiling.

He nods as the laptop suddenly flashed ‘signal connected’

“Good morning children” a familiar voice says coming from the laptop.

“Good morning L” the kids say together. Out of habit I start to walk to the back of the room where a boy with white hair plays with 3 rubrics cubes.

“You still can’t figure those things out Near?” I ask. Near doesn’t looks up only to be holding a cube with all sides a solid color.

“Don’t you want to say hi to L?” I ask.

“The children love L, why not let them have this moment with him”

I just nod my head sitting down against the wall holding my head in my hand.

“You okay?” a voice asks.

I look up to meet Mello’s eyes filled with concern. He’s always been a troubled kid but for some reason has always seemed different around me.

“Yah Mello, I’m fine my head just hurts” he holds his chocolate bar out to me.

“Here just take it I got plenty more hidden in my room; it always helps me when my head hurts”

I’m speechless, people who know Mello know that he NEVER shares his chocolate bar with ANYONE but I take it anyways. I sit in the back just listening to Lawliet answer kid’s question’s one by one. His voice is so soothing. While in the hospital after the accident Lawliet was there every day as long as he was allowed. Lawliet sang a song to me right before I would fall asleep called “my three wishes” It was a song that a servant here at wammy’s sang to Lawliet when he couldn’t sleep. Sometimes as he sang and I started to fall asleep Lawliet would hold my hand and fall sleep sitting next to my bed holding my hand. But when I daydreamed about him I sang ‘a thousand years’. But Lawliet doesn’t know how I feel about him. But, knowing how he’s the ‘world’s greatest detective’ he probably already figured it out.

“please L just one last question” Emily asked raising her little hand up in the air, she sat in the front row wearing her little blue sparkly dress that used to be mine but I let her have it. With her blonde hair, and blue eyes she always looked like my little sister. I could hear Lawliet laugh a little.

“Fine Emily but, this is the last one”

She stood up smiling “do you love Miss, Angel?”

Every kid in the room started laughing, also making kissy noises. Oh great I thought as ‘a thousand years’ starts flowing into my head. My face turns bright red as kids start laughing louder at my reaction. But Lawliet doesn’t hold back

“Of course I do” the whole room goes silent, all eyes are on the laptop now including mine. “Miss, Angel is very special to me, when we were children something happened to Miss, Angel taking the life of both her parents. For the first time my heart started beating fast. i felt something I had never felt with anyone else in my life. I think that’s love, right children?”

Emily giggles “well I love you L”

He pauses for a minute “well I love you too, Emily” every kid goes wild looking at Emily who is squealing

“Alright children I think that ends this meeting” Watari exclaims “off you go”. All the kids run out but Mello, Near, and I. I’m almost in tears as I start to stand up, my legs feel like jelly, my stomach in a knot. I have to get out, get some fresh air, ‘a thousand years’ still ringing in my ears. As soon as I’m about to open the door his voice rings in my ears

“Watari please send Angel to head Quarters”

I turn around; Mello looks at my face in shock. “Why her? L you promised!” he yells at the laptop.

“Because right now I’m doing an investigation that requires someone of her skill”