Prologue

Hey everybody!

This is my first attempt at a story and it's an idea that has been stuck in my head for such a long time. I really hope you like it and please let me know what you think of it! Vote and comment!. ps: This will also be the only chapter that is written in third person. The others will be in first :) 

Love, Bella

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yearbook, yearbook tell them all, who’s the fairest of Thornfield Hall.

A beautiful blonde eighteen year old girl repeated this sentence a couple of times in her head before she cast her gaze at the thick blue book in her hands. The cover was made of velvet, as per her request, and the name of the school was written in gold. Just like every year, it was unique. Just like she was unique. 

She would be the first girl who was chosen as the most beautiful girl of the school for four years in a row. It was her biggest dream and nothing would stand her in the way. None of the others girls were any competition anyway. The day she enrolled in this school, it was certain that she would be the most beautiful ever. 

A couple of freshmans ran past her, squealing with their own yearbook in their hands. They looked ridiculous. 

“Stop making that horrible sound,” she snapped harshly. “It gives me a headache.”

The two girls stopped and looked at her with round eyes. One of them even got tears in her eyes. “We’re so sorry. We didn’t mean it that way. It’s just that-”

The blonde girl held her hand up to shut the girl up. “Whatever. You’re just wasting my time. Go away.”

They scurried away with the girl looking at their backs in disdain. She smiled at her influence. Everyone both loved and feared her, the perfect combination. The love made them adore her but the fear made sure no one ever dared to go against her. Apart from one girl.

She gritted her teeth at the thought of the only girl who didn’t love nor fear her. Nina Reynolds. With her skin white as snow, lips red as blood and hair black as ebony, many people thought she was beautiful. At first the girl had agreed slightly with them and saw her as competition. She wanted to befriend her with the idea that you should keep your friends close but your enemies closer. But Nina didn’t want any of her attention. She dismissed her like the girl was dirt under her shoes and never looked at her again. And since that day, Nina Reynolds has become her number one enemy. 

She shook her thoughts away and concentrated at the book in front of her. Her hand ghosted across the velvet, before she opened it and immediately flipped to the most important page: the beauty page.

Expectantly her eyes travelled to the right page which her picture had adorned for three years now. But this time it wasn’t her. It was another girl.

She stared at the page for a couple of seconds before she let out a scream. A couple of people looked at her with a weird look but she just shot them a harsh glare. They immediately looked away. The girl again focused on the page again and it were still two dark brown eyes looking back at her instead of her own icy blue ones. 

Suddenly she felt to large hands encircle her waist and she looked into the worried eyes of her boyfriend, Alex. 

“What's wrong, honey?” he asked her, observing her with his beautiful forest green eyes. 

She shook her head, handing him her yearbook and then burying her face in his shoulder. “I’m not the most beautiful.”

“That’s all?” Alex chuckled lightly and she felt him smile against her head when he looked at the page. He raised her head and lifted it gently up with his finger. “You’re still the most beautiful girl to me and that’s what counts right?”

She nodded as he pulled her with him, slinging is arm over her slim shoulder. But as they were walking the radars were turning in her head. She was going to take revenge. No one was going to take her place as the most beautiful girl of the school without any consequences. 

Without another look at the yearbook, the girl thew it in the trash with the beauty page looking up, showing the snow white face of the fairest girl of Thornfield Hall. 

Nina Reynolds.