Chapter 1 - First days & Strange encounters

This is the first chaper. Hope you like it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3 months earlier

I woke up from harsh rays of sunlight shining in my eyes. Groggily opening one eye, I saw my newly acquired sister Noëlle standing in my room with the curtains in her hand.

“Wake up, sunshine,” she sang happily. “It’s your first day of school.”

I turned around, placing my pillow on top of my head in protest. “Noëlle, please. Five more minutes.”

“No, no,” she pulled the blankets off of me in another attempt to wake me up. It worked. I immediately started shivering and sat up to snatch the blankets away from her. I wrapped them around my body but didn’t lay down again.

“Okay, so I’m up,” I said, my voice thick with sleep. “What now?”

“We’re going to make you look fabulous,” Noëlle clapped happily in her hands at the thought of this. “You’re gong to make an huge impression.”

I groaned. Over the past two months I had learned that Noëlle was a huge fan of shopping. That wan’t much of a surprise though. Noëlle was a fan of almost everything.

She was the daughter of John and Maria Bishop, the people who had adopted me two months ago. It was still a bit vague to me why they had really adopted me but it had something to do with them being my godparents. When my parents died, they lost me but now they’d found me again. And, according to Maria, we could all live happily ever after now.

It was strange but you didn’t hear me complaining. Finally, I had a room to myself and a comfy bed to sleep on. I had lived in several orphanages for years.You couldn’t imagine how amazing it was for me to live in a house. Or mansion was a better word.

The Bishop family was very rich. John was some kind of CEO of a huge multinational and made millions a year. Maria was a very successful interior designer. She had even decorated the house of David and Victoria Beckham. Both of those jobs together made them being able to buy all kind of luxuries, which they gave me too now.

But apart from the amazing bed, all those luxuries didn’t matter to me. It even seemed nonsense to me to buy dresses of fifteen thousand dollar each. But I wasn’t going to complain to them. They were very kind and generous to me and I appreciated that very much.

“I’ve picked some clothes for you,” Noëlle said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “And don’t throw a hissy fit because you’re going to wear them whether you want it or not.”

I sighed but obeyed. I threw on the cocktail dress and the jacket Noëlle had picked out for me. Then I suspiciously eyed the 5 inch Louboutins she had chosen. I would probably break my neck on them but I didn’t really have a choice. I walked a bit wobbly to Noëlle so she could do my hair and makeup.

“You’ll get used to those heels,” she said when she noticed my clumsy attempt at walking in heels. She positioned me in front of a white vanity and stood behind me. “I’m going to make you even more beautiful than you already are.”

I smiled at her attempt to give me more confidence and closed my eyes. She immediately started working on my hair, curling it around an iron and running her hands through it. It felt quite nice actually, a bit like a massage. After not too long she announced that she was ready and was going to start on my makeup. 

“Damn, Nina. You’re so pale but I like it. It’s like your skin is made of ivory,” she commented while she applied eyeliner and mascara. “I really don’t have to do much. You’re lips are naturally red and your skin is perfect. I’m so jealous.”