Are You A Fan, Think Twice Before You Answer?

• Dedicated to To the all the people who consider themselves as "FANS"

I searched over the internet what does a fan means and yes I am surprise that it gave me two definitions about the three-letter word bugging my mind. I jotted it down the results and think about what the word really means to me:

 fan 1  (fn) - A machine using an electric motor to rotate thin, rigid vanes in order to move air, as for cooling.

 fan 2  (fn)  - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

I came to a realization that the first and the second fan definition is somewhat related to each other, let me explain further what did I mean when I say that a fan which is a machine is related to a fan which pertains to a thinking human being…

First, a human fan is someone who is focused on his or her idol(s) on the other hand the fan (machine) also focuses its cooling effect on a single target or more to give them the cooling air effect.

Second, a human fan is a devotee; an enthusiast to the one they are idolizing on the other hand the fan (machine) is devoted to the one who bought it, it turns on and off as the one it is devoted to would like to use it anytime of the day.

Third, a human fan would do anything just to feel like they are part of their idol(s) life on the other hand a fan (machine) works only as needed.

But that’s not the real story here; let me point out some important thoughts:

First, it is okay to be a fan to focus on one thing, show your affection but remember you’re still a human being bound to think, and act to stimuli. The big difference between the human fan and the machine is that humans have the power to think and unlike machines we do need rest. A human fan unlike machines can differentiate the good and the bad and they know their limits. Don’t be a machine that focuses its cooling effect towards one point, too much of something is really bad. Think of a balloon, now focus all the air inside it; You’ll definitely notice that the balloon keeps on getting bigger and bigger but you didn’t mind so you keep of giving it more and more. What do you think would happen if a balloon received too much air as they needed? Yes! It will definitely explode and would have destroyed itself (I know that you are intelligent enough to use your logic and for that I salute you).

Second, be a human fan and not the machine; as I’ve said before humans know their limits on the other hand a machine can’t stop until the one doing the calls turned it off or on again. As a human fan you have the right to stop if you feel like you’re being violated and when I say violated it is not just the physical aspect, there’s also an emotional violation that maybe incurred unconsciously to you as a fan, machines can’t tell their owner for a time off. It can’t say “Hey, my electronic parts are burning can I just have a minute of rest”. Use your right to talk back, to speak up and have a say (Even a fan should be given the equal ample of time they give to their idol and be heard).

Third, I would say that I salute the machine for being devoted when needed. You would probably wonder why? It is innate to human fans to immerse themselves in everything that their idol(s) been to. Any event, any happenings they wanted to be involved, but when you idol(s) tell you to stop and let them be? (Oh, did she?). If you really idolized her, you should show your respect by doing what she tells you and you should eventually stop or let things subside…

Lastly, you’re not a machine… you are a fan, right?

And as a fan you are a human being, HAVE a LIFE!

It’s not logical to call those opinionated people Haters, you keep on calling them one and talking about them saying “The hell I care, they’re just haters!”…

Let me point out two things before I close this article…

You definitely care, because you spend time blubbering around the social network sites using words to destroy one another but wait how do you consider yourself, a hater of(the so-called)HATERS(as you tag them)? Isn’t that overly redundant?