Happiness...

• Dedicated to Hapcher On Wattpad

It is a mental or an emotional state of well-being characterized by a positive or a pleasant emotion ranging from contentment to intense joy.

Have you ever been happy? Most people would say “YES!” on this question, it is rather logical to think that a person experienced happiness as he goes on with life. Every once in a while we feel happy but why?

There are some points in life that we feel happy and according to Psychologist Martin Seligman that humans seem happiest when they have experienced the following:

Pleasure – We have can feel happiness by different sort of things like eating a rather delicious food, a warm bath or any other sort of things.

Engagement – This is something that we do like an activity and being a part of a group. Happiness absorb by physical and challenging activities like the daredevils and such.

Relationships – This is a social tie but necessarily a boyfriend – girlfriend status, a friendly relationship or a kinship would do, anyone that you feel happiness when they are around.

Meaning – Something that you yourself would like achieve emotionally or others.

Accomplishments – A tangible thing or goals being realized or achieved.

Happiness is something within us, a person eating popcorn or a cotton candy could be happy in his own way. This is something that we can’t explain scientifically maybe it was caused by hormones and stuff within our system.

Let me site this one example, I have this friend who doesn’t go out as much as other people does. He just play online games, goes to work five days a week and sleep all day on Saturdays and Sundays even if you bug him to go out for a cup of coffee or to watch a movie. People around him feel like he’s sad well most of them; they always ask him the usual phrases “Are you happy?”

Then one time this friend of mine answered back with a big “YES, I am happy” then goes his line…

I am happy because I feel like it; I don’t have to have so much money, study until I have all the diplomas and certificates in the world that I could muster. I am happy due to the fact that I enjoy my life then he pop this question that keeps on lingering in my mind.

“You know what will make me even happier?” he asked.

For you to stop bugging me and rubbing off to my face that I am not happy, if for example you have dreams or you see yourself that this person could achieve more than what he have right now and he shouldn’t be wasting his talent playing games and goofing around. That thing saddens me for if you have dreams, dream for yourself not for other people that person has a different set of standard to be happy.

Happiness is a state of mind, it is something that you feel even if people around feel bad for you or if they think that you deserve more. Happiness comes from within…

Look I get your point, believe me I really do but this is me and I am happy…

And thanks for your concern…

That’s it and then he goes back to his usual self and started playing again.

It struck me, what he said is true. If you want other people to be happy let them be, you can’t tell them what to do and whom to deal with. It is their life, their call; instead of wishing or making a way to plan other people’s happiness apply it to you own self instead.

How about you, what makes you happy?