ONE.

**21 years later**

I forgive you, Nick, I forgive you,” Harry said, rehearsing, “this is really important for me, our marriage— it’s okay, I love you too,” Harry said to himself, smiling, “ugh it hurts to say it.”

Harry was outside his husband’s office. He was in his lunchtime so he had time to do this. He rehearsed it all morning during breakfast. Everything was going to be okay.

“Okay, Haz, everything it’s going to be okay,” he said to himself before stepping out of his car and heading to the tall building and big windows.

He entered the building, looking for Nick’s office on the third floor, anxious to what could happen.

He knocked the door three times and wait at least seventeen seconds before Nick opened the door.

“Nick, sorry I— this is really import—,”

“Harry, Harry, what are you doing here?” Nick said, grabbing Harry by his shoulders, rather keeping him back than to hold him.

“Nick, it’s okay, I forgiv—,”

“No Harry, I thought you wanted this, you wanted me gone, to let it go, I get it now, we needed something to show us that we were not meant to be together” Nick said, stopping Harry from hugging him.

“No— but I—,”

“You were right, Haz!” Nick said, “I need to think about it, I know it was only a one night stand with Andrew but you were right, I need to figure this out.”

“Andrew? Is that his name?” Harry said, looking surprised, “God, I didn’t know that, I only knew what you did with him in our sofa.”

Harry’s eyes were glued to the floor and Nick had to keep lifting his head by his chin to see him.

“Awww, Haz I’m sorry,” Nick said, “I was smitten by Andrew, I was bewitched by him, it wasn’t my fault, you know that, right?”

Harry nodded, lightly, smiling to Nick.

Just then, Nick’s phone started ringing, making Nick desperate.

“Look, Harry,” Nick said, whispering, “I don’t want to do this whole I don’t want to see you ever again, or I hate you so much, because we are going to meet again, sometime and we had an amazing time all this two years—,”

“Three, it was three years,” Harry said, smiling, “next month would have been three.”

Nick sighed, getting angrier with every ring, “You see? It was fine, so let’s just leave it here and I’ll call you back sometime, okay?”

Harry was just going to answer to Nick before he turned and picked up the phone, motioning Harry to close the door when he was out.

Harry was shocked. He didn’t know what to do. He just lost the love of his life, the only one that wanted him in his life, his whole world, his husband. Anxious, not knowing what to do, Harry took out some coins and headed to the most nearest telephone cabin.

“Liam,” Harry said, letting out a sigh, “I talked to him… No, he doesn’t want to arrange anything… he said he was going to move out… I don’t know, maybe with Andrew… yeah that’s his name… I’m about two blocks away from his office… I’m supposed to be lunching… yeah okay, talk to you later… bye Liam.”

Harry then hung up the phone and rested his head in the window, watching the people past by him, all of them minding their own business.

He got out of the cabin and walked to his car, only to figure that his car has been stolen. What?