Prologue & Chapters1-2

[**heres the first & second chapters please tell me what you think! i wrote a third chapter too so i wanna put it up if this one's good:) oh! and please dont mind the spelling and gammar mistakes;)<

[***Enjoy!! ^_^]

Prologue

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe."  

― Neil Gaiman.

We tried to run, tried to hide. We were searching - but there was no escape. I had to leave them behind. We were fighting a failing battle.

I have no regrets if it meant I could save one. I trust that he will take good care of her other half in my absence.

But in the end, this escape was only temporary relief. A futile attempt from the very beginning. They have found us, they are coming. And they're going to kill everyone in sight. No mercy on the young or the meek.

We must find a solution. Time is running out, but I must protect her. She is not ready, not now.

They're getting closer, we are surrounded. I must protect her, for she is part of our unique gift that separates us from the others. We must cherish her and her other half. They will be the glue that holds worlds together.

Our world is deteriorating; any chances of survival are slim. Very slim.

But I must have faith in the choices we made. And I must keep faith so that our escape was not in vain. There is no turning back from here. We can only go forward from this point on. For she will, someday, lead us out of this war.

So for those reasons, I must protect her even if it will cost me my life...

Chapter One

Omg she won't shut up.

"THAT is so frigging ridiculous! In what way am I a... what was it?" Raven demanded angrily, for the ninth time, sitting on the rusty park swings.

"A cougar," I sighed seeing how hard I could roll my eyes without getting them stuck in my brain. Although I loved this girl like she was my sister, which would be a tremendous replacement for the one I have now, she kept asking this same question over and over again for three months straight. It was annoying the frigging crap out of me. I hate repetition. And more importantly, I had a more pressing matter to talk about, but since I let it regretfully slip, she wouldn't get off this subject.

"Yeah that. How am I a 'cougar?' " She sneered the word with dramatic air quotes.

"Because... 'for the thousandth time'," Jake stressed the last four words, mocking Raven's tone. He was sitting on the swings opposite her, drooling all over her with a mixed expression of affection and amusement. Though he was just as annoyed by her questions as I was, he still couldn't help but admire her. Raven had that type of effect on people. "You're dating me and I'm a year younger than you."

"But I don't get how I look like a cougar, I'm Japanese! If anybody looks like some sort of black cat it's you Lee, you have big eyes and dark skin." Raven said confused. I didn't personally take any offence to that racial comment, Raven isn't racist intentionally; she was just the type of person who says whatever's on their mind. She had no filter, which usually got us both into a lot of trouble at school. "And we're not dating." She added lamely. There was no point in saying that; we all knew they clearly were. Shoot, the whole school knew! Someone saw the two of them making googly eyes at each other across the Caf and spread the rumour that Raven liked to prowl on younger men.