Another Day at School

The morning  came. Derek and Nick woke up. They see that Dylan is still fast asleep. They go over to his bed to wake him up. "Dyl, honey wake up you got to get ready for school." Derek said. Dylan stirred and opened up his eyes."Morning Dylan." Nick said. "Good morning guys." Dylan said. "How was your sleep buddy?" Derek asked. Dylan yawned and stretched. "It was good. Where's my mom and dad?" Dylan asked."I think there downstairs already." Nick answered. Dylan smiled at Derek and Nick. He got dressed got his school stuff ready and made his way downstairs to the kitchen. John and Sherrie smiled as they saw Dylan coming down the stairs. "Morning sweetheart. Do you want some eggs?" Sherrie asked. Dylan nodded his head. He goes to sit down at the table. They began to eat breakfast. They had bacon and eggs. Soon the doorbell rang. Derek went to go answer it. In the doorway stood Scott and Jack. "Hey boys are you ready for school today?" Derek asked. "We're ready. Where's Dyl? Is he ready yet." Scott asked. Suddenly Dylan pops up. "Yeah, I'm ready lets go we don't want to be late." Dylan said. With that being said the 5 boys make their way down to Oakwood High school.  They got there and went straight to their math class. They sat in their seats and waited for the teacher. Mr. Jackson came in he started to write math questions on he board. "I want you to write these questions on a piece of paper. Then we are going to make it in to a game. I have some treats and prizes for the team who gets the most correct." Mr. Jackson said. The class cheered as they like doing math games. They wrote down the questions and got into teams. A girl named Liz came up to the boys. "Hi, can I be on your team?" Liz asked. "Sure." Derek answered. "What's your name?" Dylan asked. " My name is Elizabeth, but people call me Liz." Liz answered. "Cool, my name is Dylando but people call me Dylan." Dylan said. "Cool it's nice to meet you Dylan." Liz said. "Alright let's get to work on the questions guys." Derek said. They nodded their heads and begin to answer the questions. Soon everyone was done. Mr. Jackson collected every teams papers. He marked up the papers and handed back to the teams. "So, who won?" A student asked. Mr. Jackson pointed over at Dylan and his team. "They did, they did really well and they got almost all of them correct." Mr. Jackson said.  Troy looked evilly at Dylan. "Derek he's giving me the stare." Dylan said. "Just ignore him." Derek said. Dylan agreed and continued to do other math work. Billy came up to the group. "Derek can I please talk to Dylan. He needs to know what I told you yesterday." Billy said. "You can talk to him at lunch he has to work right now." Derek said. "Ok, hey Dyl, I need to talk to you at lunch ok." Billy said. "Sure, see you at lunch Billy." Dylan said happily. He turns to Derek. "What does he need to talk to me about?" Dylan asked. "You'll find out at lunch buddy. Just focus on your work right now." Derek said.  Dylan looked at Scott for an answered. He just shrugged his shoulders. Then he looked over at Jack. He did the same thing. Moments later the bell rang for English class. Everyone gets out of their seats and makes their way to English. Mrs. Sanders is already sitting at her desk. "Morning Mrs. Sanders." Dylan said as he walked to his seat. "It's a very good morning isn't Dyl." Mrs. Sanders replied. Troy and Matt came in they bumped Dylan and sat in their seats."He's such a teacher's pet." Troy said. "Stop calling me that." Dylan said getting mad. Derek sat him down. "Hey, Dylan look at me. Don't let it bother you. Your going to have panic attack if you let it bother you." Derek said. "Right I don't want to have one at school." Dylan said calmly. "That's right just keep focusing on your work and don't let them bother you. I'll be right beside you if you need me." Derek said. "Me to." Nick also said. Dylan Smiled and got out his novel study stuff. "So how many of you read the first chapter last night?" Mrs. Sanders asked. A few hand went up including Dylan's. "Awesome for those of you who didn't get it done I'll give you time to read and answer the questions. But for the ones who did their homework can work right on the questions." Mrs. Sanders said. The students that didn't do their homework spend half the class time reading the chapter. After that they started to do the questions . "Awesome now that everyone is caught up we can start on our writing assignments." Mrs. Sanders said. Dylan looked over at Scott with a worried look. "Dylan what's the matter?" Scott asked. "I don't know I just got this feeling somethings going to happen again today." Dylan answered. "Don't worry Derek and Nick are with you . They won't let anything like that happen to you again." Scott said. "I hope so." Dylan said with fear in his eyes.  Derek notices the fear in Dylan's eyes. "What's with the fear in your eyes Dylan?" Derek asked concerned. "He's just worried that something bad might happen to him like yesterday." Scott said. "You don't have to worry Nick and I are with you." Derek said. "That's what I told him." Scott replied. "Thank you Scott." Derek said with a smile. Soon Liz came up to them. "Dylan can I ask you a question"' Liz asked in an quiet voice. "Sure." Dylan said. "Why do those boys follow you around school?" Liz asked.  "We'll tell you later." Derek said popping his up from the desk. "Oh, ok. I'll see you boys at Lunch then." Liz said. Derek and Nick nodded their heads. Derek turns his head to Dylan. "Dylan I don't want her knowing that we are your bodyguards until we can trust her." Derek said. "That's ok I wasn't ready to tell her yet anyway." Dylan said with a smile. "Ok, Hurry up on the assignment it's almost lunch time." Derek said. "Oh, yeah and Billy said he wanted to talk to me about something what's up with that?" Dylan asked. "Don't worry about that now. Just focus on your work and he'll talk to you about it when you go for lunch." Nick said. "Will you guys be there?" Dylan asked. They both nodded they head and Dylan was relieved that he wasn't going to be alone with Billy. It was soon time for lunch. Everyone made it to the lunch room. Dylan and his friends sat at their normal table. They began to eat their lunch. "So, Billy are you going to tell Dylan?" Derek asked. "Yes, of course. So Dylan. You know how yesterday I said you're the chosen one."  Billy said. "What about that?" Dylan asked. "Well what that means is, your chosen to be the next king." Billy said. "What are you talking about?" Dylan asked a little scared. "Just listen to him Dylan." Derek said. "Yeah, but I'm not even a prince." Dylan said. "Actually you are. Me and you we're brothers. I have a gem to." Billy said. "Really." Dylan said.