Chapter Five

2005, Mystic Falls

  When Damon entered the tunnels, Isabella was already there. He sighed when he saw her standing her arms crossed and apparently was waiting for him.

He walked towards the table and used his fingers to wipe the dust. As he inhaled, Isabella rolled her eyes and sneered, "Taking a trip down memory lane?" She took her leather jacket off, "oh, I've missed this place..." she trailed off as she looked around the candlelit tunnel.

"Said no one ever." She rolled her eyes, Damon looked at her. "I figured you'd keep showing up to annoy me." He turned around towards her, his eyebrows raised.

Isabella looked at him, and threw her jacket onto the table. "You're nothing if not utterly predictable." He smirked at her, she looked at him with suspicion, "and miss a minute of the Elena Gilbert show?" She asked, lips pursued. "I think not," she sneered, "speaking of which, shouldn't you be by her side?" She gestured towards him with her index finger.

"Well, I figured now that you're practically the devil, you'd be in the know." Damon walked by her, "I just hung up with Bonnie Bennett," he turned around to face her, "and she figured out a way to save the day."

Damon saw Isabella turning around to toy around with the stick, "Bonnie isn't strong enough to save a kitten," she rolled her eyes.

Damon spoke, "She's done it once or twice, and my money's on her." She abruptly turned around, she sneered, "we're talking about hellfire." She scoffed, "So intense, it could obliterate anything within miles." She glared at him, "what the hell is Bonnie gonna do?" She sneered with her lips curled.

Damon glared at Isabella, then she smiled at him. "She's thirty minutes away," Damon turned.

He spoke, "If you take the highway around the mountain, sure," he shrugged. Isabella arched her eyebrows, "but as the crow flies, it's only seven miles...which is the beauty of these tunnels," he finished with his statistics.

Damon turned around, "did you know that they go from the Armory straight into the heart of downtown Mystic Falls?"

Then he sneered, "man, I bet you didn't know that, did you?" Isabella rolled her eyes, then turned around. "You think Bonnie Bennett can magically draw hellfire through the tunnels away from the town?" She asked with the sneer on her face, "even better," Damon whispered.

"I think she can send it straight back to hell, where you and I will be waiting patiently for it."

Isabella glared at him, "I got to say, I look forward to dying by your side, IP," he grinned.

She laughed then stopped, "you're bluffing."

A voice interrupted, "No, he's not...and neither am I," the voice belongs to Stefan.

Damon sighed, "I got this handled, brother." He glared at him, "you need to get out of these tunnels."

Stefan glared right back at him, "I'm not the one who's gonna get out of here, Damon. You are."

Damon growled with frustration, "bad time to be a martyr, Stefan." He stood up, "said the martyr," Stefan spoke.

Isabella interrupted their spat, "I'm gonna let you two figure this out amongst yourselves." She nodded towards them, then walked away.

But she didn't walked away in time, Damon already threw the bone dagger at her body.

Isabella groaned then her body fell to the ground with a thud.