Chapter Two

2005, Washington
Edward's POV

I stared at my wrist which has a small scar of a letter I. It still mystified that I have a scar that didn't go away after my transformation.

I remember things from my human life, I was born on June 20th, 1901. I had a mother named Elizabeth, I had a father who was a lawyer. I lived in the suburbs of Chicago and I was on track team until Spanish Influenza hit.

I had a life, and a woman.

I groaned, Marie

Something tells me that Marie wasn't her real name, maybe an I or something.

I remember waking up after a night of passion, she wasn't there with me, she was just gone.

I searched for her all over the streets, towns, and buildings in Chicago.  After I was changed, I searched for her all over the world. I used my time during my Rebellious period between early twenties and early thirties to search for her.

But she was never here. It's like she just vanished, disappeared or never existed. Gone. It's like she didn't want to be found, I know by now I should give up but something tells me that she's still out there.

Even if she's old woman, sitting on the porch watching the grandchildren playing in her yard with her husband. I felt the pang of jealousy at the thought of that.

It made me angry that she left me here in this world, and no one knows about her, she was mine to keep.

And I loved her. Even if it was just a day that ended with passion in the night.

My entire family is paired up and I'm alone, it made me jealous that they have what I wanted.

My sister Alice, who's sitting next to the television, began to have a vision. I entered her mind to see what she's seeing.

It was a girl.

A girl who has brown loose curly hair but her face is blurry.

Alice came back to reality, "We're going to have a new student tomorrow. She's Chief Swan's daughter." Alice announced. 

Rosalie came in from the garage, rolled her eyes. Great, another student who's going to take all the attention from me. Rosalie fumed, I hissed at her. Always in vain.