Chapter Seven

S E V E N

"You're mistaken if you think you got a goddamn choice boy!"

"You clearly let Brian win," Roman stated as they waltzed back into the building as Mia went through all the police scanners.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"He didn't--", Brian finally realized that Dom had eased up on him. He'd been so hyped to finally beat him and now he just felt like he deserved a real rematch.

"Why'd you do it?", Tej wondered.

Brian grinned real big and placed his hand on Mia's stomach as she turned her face up to give him a kiss.

"Congratulations!", Gisele was the first to catch on and raised her beer.

Everyone crowded them giving them hugs and congratulating both Brian and Mia. Roman smirked at Dom but he understood a lot of why that man did the things he did. He cared about all of them. Especially Brian despite the lies he'd brought with him. They'd gotten a real relationship and that mattered a lot.

They needed a handprint for the safe that they were going to break into. Everything else was set seeing as Tej knew a lot about the way it was built.

Gisele and Han were on a mission as they stood at a table with two beers and a bowl of chips that only Han had decided to snack on.

"He's guarded pretty heavily. How do you think we do this?"

"You think too much. He's a man," she stated the obvious.

"So?"

"Watch me," she slid off her cover up and waltzed over to where Reyes was sitting.

Han watched her with a little smirk on his face as she didn't what he thought to be the impossible. She got close to Reyes and when he placed his hand on her bottoms, Han scoffed.

She was right.

It was a woman's job.

They brought the bottoms back to get the fingerprints off and Tej started making jokes.

Zack and Mia were making sure that they weren't being tracked until all their photos started popping up. Wanted photos for the whole team, not just Dom, Mia, and Brian.

"Look at this, Dom. Isn't that the guy you saw while we were running?", Brian pointed to a muscle head with a beard. He read the name Luke Hobbs. It said that he was in a high position and that's probably why he was here investigating them.

"That's him."

They decided to go out and place the sheep in front of the wolf. Hopefully Hobbs would take the bait.

"I'm going."

Brian didn't want Zack to go back out into that world. He'd seen how he was acting over the past few months while on the run and now it was worse as they had a job. Putting him back out there would jeopardize everything.

"Stay with Mia."

"I'm sure she's tired of me moping. I just want to see it. You guys went racing without me the other day. I'm not a kid anymore, Bri. I can take care of myself. Please let me do this."

The older O'Conner gave in and let him come.

They were bombarded by the old racing world they were used to. Friends, women, and cars surrounded them. Gisele smirked at Zack's face when two women walked past him giving hungry looks.

"Had you been there before I met Dom I would have sunk my claws into you?"

Zack smiled at her words but he knew even then that she wouldn't have been able to steal his attention like Letty once had.

Their party was crashed shortly after when Hobbs and his team showed up in their military trucks.

Zack stood next to Brian and Dom while everyone else got on the defensive.

"Toretto, you're under arrest!", the muscular giant spoke loudly.

"I don't feel like I'm under arrest. Do you Brian?"

"No, not even a little bit."

"Just give it a minute. It'll sink in," Hobbs finished.

Dom looked around and noticed the silver chain around the lady beside Hobbs. The chain that he'd gotten back from Mia after Letty died. He'd planned to give it to Zack when he returned but he must have dropped it while running the other day.

"We didn't kill those Feds. Reyes did," Brian continued.

"I don't give a shit. Just here to bring in two assholes whose names hit my desk," Hobbs finished.

2 of 3 chapters of the day!!

The Other O'Conner [HIATUS]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara