Chapter Three

T H R E E

'You're still a buster.'

- Dominic Toretto

"One thing we know for sure is that they want this car," Dom stated pointing a steel pipe at it.

Brian nodded.

"Cause something is in it," he stated giving the car a questioning look.

Dom put down the pipe and walked over to the driver's seat with a determined look.

"We find out what it is and we'll know what we're up against."

Mia and Brian shared a look before heading to the car to help Dom find whatever it is they needed to obtain. If they had the true treasure then they could get ahead of this "boss" guy.

Zack finally woke up from his rest which hadn't been much since he kept seeing Letty's face. She watched him and spoke with him until he couldn't take just being there knowing what he knew. Knowing that she was gone.

After pulling on his shoes, he headed out of the room that he'd found to lie in and ended up stumbling in on Brian, Mia, and Dom rifling and trying to break down the whole car.

"Something up?", he called out giving his brother a questioning look.

"Yeah. The car's loaded. We're looking for something that these very "important" people want."

"Why didn't you tell me this last night? I could have stripped it down and had it back in place by morning."

"Zack, we...", Mia gave him a look of concern as she took a few steps closer noticing the bags under his eyes and the way he made himself look small.

"We appreciate you wanting to help but you need some time, man."

"Dom, I'm fine. You know me. I'm a fighter," Zack pushed on the fact that Dominic had been his mentor in racing and he'd helped him through some pretty rough spots even giving him advice on girls and dealing with Letty. "I can handle this. What do you need?", he looked to Mia when he realized that Brian and Dom weren't going to be much help.

"I'm sorry, Zack."

He gave them an angry glare as he spun around and headed back to the room. They obviously didn't need him. He wasn't "grown up" enough to take care of himself. It just was so irritating with Brian being so overprotective and Mia & Dom joining in.

/

"Stop fighting with him. He's just worried about you," Letty's arms wrapped around his waist as he glared out towards the water.

Being on the bridge made him feel secure and peaceful.

"He's been that way ever since our parents passed. It's not just him being worried about me. Him wanting to keep me close and not end up like Dad has changed him a lot."