The Four Guardians

"Mother, we request your audience." Sage Harpuia instructed to the Mother Elf's chained orb. Beside him where the other Guardians of Neo Arcadia; each of them bearing a small gift.

"What's the occasion my Guardians?" the Mother Elf curiously inquired. Fefnir, Leviathan, and Phantom each gave Harpuia a rather accusing glare- they were here because something had happened on this day, oh so long ago, and they were in remembrance.

"Do we need a reason to honor you?" Harpuia then challenged, giving the Mother Elf's orb a coy eyebrow raise. To this, their Mother thought over for a moment.

"Alright," she agreed, "But do be aware that I can not give you my full attention today: it seems that others have noticed your absence, and Pantheons can have quite an attitude when commanded remotely."

The griffin gave a solemn nod. "We understand, and this will not take long at all."

"Then please begin."

Harpuia gave a nod for Hidden Phantom to begin.

"Mother, I have brought to you a silver spoon." he said to her, bowing as he held the item up in offering. "For the wealth of knowledge you have graced us with thus far."

Next, Fairy Leviathan came forward and bowed as well. "Mother, I have brought you a river lily." she spoke, holding up the item in view. "For the loving nature you have expressed on us so far."

Fighting Fefnir came up next. "Mother," he spoke in a vaguely dark tone, "I have brought you a china cup- many times broken but many times repaired in gold. For your acceptance of our faults and exulting them in the name of personal development."

It was now Harpuia's turn to show his gift, but unlike the other Guardians, he did not bow in front of the Mother Elf.

"Did you not bring something, my griffin?" the Mother Elf inquired with a tone that indicated a smile.

"I have." Harpuia informed her, looking up at her orb with his own faint smile. "This gift is a gift for both you and ourselves. Mother, although you are busy attempting our work in our absence, I have brought to you the gift of fellowship. The time we spend together (even when we should be doing our assigned duties) are immeasurable to any other gift given on this Earth. Mother, we will always be indebted to you and always at your service, no matter how Tekiya rules our city."

The Mother Elf was silent in this sentiment, but the lights in the chamber slowly warming gave the Guardians an idea of how she was feeling.

"My sweet, stupid Guardians..." the Mother Elf then cooed. "Thank you. Thank you so much. But, do you mind if I ask for one thing in return?"

"Of course not Mother." Harpuia nodded. "What do you want of us?"

"Oh my sweet Guardians... get back to your posts."