Ashes to Burn - Chapter Seventeen

***This story is intended for mature audiences, as it contains graphic violence, gore, coarse language and some sexual content. Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 

December 21st, 2015

14:30 hours

Dnieper River, Russia

“Nycki?!” Sarge breathed, her jaw hinging. I stood up and took my place beside her. The marching of the stitch punks echoed through the empty, wide room. The lights turned on, blinding us. I threw up my hands to shield my eyes. I turned to Sarge and then up at Nycki.

“You didn’t know, did you?” She laughed, leaning over the balcony. She slung her gun over her shoulder and motioned to the pile of corpses.

“I hate having to get rid of waste. It’s such a fucking pain in the ass.” She smirked, pulling out a lighter. The stitch punks finally circled around us, blocking off any exit path. One of the machines walked up to the pile of corpses and poured kerosine on it. It dumped the liquid all over the massive pile, before marching away.

I winced and watched as Nycki walked down the stairs and joined the army of cyborgs. She smiled sickly, flicking the lighter on and off. A small group of stitch punks walked up to us in a robotic motion. I stiffened as they pointed guns at our heads. Slowly, but eventually, we dropped our weapons. The stitch punks threw us to the ground and bound us in chains. They then pressed their Glocks to our foreheads. Nycki looked at the pile of bodies and then back at us, fire glowing in her eyes.

“You bitch. You fucking betrayed us.” I snarled, my words dripping with anger. Nycki clicked the lighter closed and made her way over to me.

“You,” She growled, grabbing my collar roughly, “give me one reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now. You fucking think you’re Andy? You think you could do this? You’re stupid as fuck; ignorant like a child. You’ll pay for it, but first, I think I’d rather do this the more fun way.” She hissed into my ear, looking over at Sarge. She let go of me and looked at Sarge with a mocking sympathetic face.

“Oh darling, you are the biggest fool of all, however.” She mumbled. Sarge didn’t look at her. Nycki knelt on the ground and ran her fingers over her cheekbone. She leaned inwards, puckering her lips.

“You fell for the trap. My trap.” She whispered slyly, before kissing her. She gripped the back of her neck harshly and Sarge whimpered. Nycki backed out after a few minutes and wiped her mouth, with a wicked grin splayed across her face.

“Just like always.” She said, laughing. She turned around and I looked at Sarge. Her lip was bleeding from where Nycki had bit her, and there were tears in her glassy eyes.

“So, Jennifer, my love, how about some dinner?” Nycki asked innocently, turning to face us. Sarge couldn’t speak, and her eyes drooped. She flicked open the lighter and threw it onto the carcass pile. The entire thing set to flame and the smell of burning flesh filled the room. The stitch punks hoisted us to our feet and marched us into the opposite direction. 

We marched silently, our hopes lost in the flames of the dead.

We walked through the building to find that it was indeed active. There were guards posted everywhere and the smell of smoke was slowly filling the air. I kept my head down and my hands low. I didn’t know what was going to happen, but I knew it wasn’t going to be good. I thought about Rachel, and if this was what she went through. 

Finally we came to another room guarded by three guards. Nycki snapped her fingers and they moved apart. They stood still as we walked past them. I heard the door slam shut behind us as we were engulfed in darkness, then the lights flicked on.