chapter 3

Canada.
Murthy Corporations.

After inquiring about the conference room, Mukti moved towards it, with sweaty palms.

Entering the lavish conference room, Mukti occupied one of the chair's. She nervously looked at not so friendly colleagues of her, who gave weird kind of looks.

As it was the first day of her job, Mukti was quite nervous. She miserably tried to distract her mind, but nothing helped.

Suddenly, the whole conference room became silent and her colleagues stood up. Mirroring their actions, Mukti's eyes fell on the one and only Abhimanyu Murthy, who entered the conference room with his calm demeanour.

Moving towards his chair, Abhimanyu politely said " good morning ",prior to which everyone took their seats.

Mukti couldn't believe her eyes. Seeing Abhimanyu in person was like a dream come true. ...Indeed a beautiful dream. ...a dream which Mukti never wanted to end. ...

Mukti's crushing session was interrupted by Abhimanyu, who started to speak " okay guys. ...as you all know. ..we have a new member in our team. ...Miss Malhotra "

As soon as Abhimanyu completed the sentence, all the head's turned towards Mukti.

Feeling the gaze of so many people on her, Mukti politely nodded her head and mouthed a "hello "

Sensing the awkwardness, Abhimanyu took charge of the situation " okay. ...so Miss Malhotra. ...today we are deciding the fate of one of our linen products! !!!....according to our past records. ...this particular product has been losing its charm in the market. ...so. ..the team has decided to drop it! !!!....as you are now an integral part of this team. ...I want your opinion "

After listening to Abhimanyu carefully, Mukti countered " Without knowing the cause. ...how can I provide you with a solution? ???"

Everyone in the conference room was astonished by Mukti's audacity.

But Mukti was firm on her place and even Abhimanyu gestured her to speak further, with his eyes.

Mukti ( confidently ) : Sir. ...I need at least a day to figure out the reason behind the decline of this product. ...and then only I can provide you with a justified feedback! !!!

Abhimanyu  ( agreeing ) : fair point. ...then tomorrow morning I want your reports. ...

Mukti ( calmly ) : yes Sir. ..

Abhimanyu  ( with authority ) : I guess today's meeting is over then. ...

Turning towards Mukti, Abhimanyu politely said " welcome to the team Miss Malhotra ", and left from there.

While, Mukti was all ready to die from  heart attack.

Abhimanyu  ( pov ) : itne kam umar mein. ...itna sharp business sense. .... I am impressed Miss Malhotra! !!!.....it would really be fun working with her. ."

Pub 35
8 : 00 pm.
Dressed up in black frock dress, the Murthy Sisters were looking exact carbon copies.

Standing at the bar counter, the three of them were busy gulping down mocktails and complaining about their not so happening lives.

Fully frustrated, Nandini started ranting " this pub is so boring! !!!...aisa laag raha hai manno India ke log enjoy nehin karna jante. .."

On hearing this, Naira nodded her head in disbelief. While, Navya was engrossed in her thoughts.

Navya ( casually ) : let's have fun then! !!!!

Nandini ( excitedly ) : kaise? ???

Naira ( horrified ) : no way. ...aap dono ke fun ka definition bahut dangerous hota hai! !!!.... I am not at all a part of this. ...

Wrapping her one arm around Naira's neck, Nandini said " kya yaar Naru. ...tujhe fun se itni allergy kyon hai? ???"

Naira ( shocked ) : mujhe fun se koi problem nehin hai! !!!....magar aap dono jis type ke fun ki baat kar rahe ho. ...I am really scared of that! !!!

Navya ( sternly ) : chillax guys. ...let's just give each other simple dares. ...iss tarah se humara time pass ho jaega. ...and Nandu will also stop feeling bored! !!!!

Finding no other way out, Naira nodded her head in a yes.

Nandini ( excitedly ) : my turn first. ...

Naira tightly held her glass in fear, hoping that Nandini wouldn't give a dare to her.

Nandini ( evilly ) : look at that guy Navu di  ( pointing towards Cabir )...jab se humlog iss pub mein aye hai. ...woh tab se har ladki ke saath flirt kar raha hai! !!!....so your dare is. ...ki aapko usska muh bannd karna hai! !!!

Navya ( confused ) : muh bannd karna hai? ????

Nandini ( grinning ) : yup. ...you have to do something to scare him! !!!!

Navya calmly mouthed " scare him! !!"

Nandini ( excited ) : are you up for it? ???

Navya ( cunningly ) : hmm. ..let's see kab taak bechara smile karta hai! !!!!!

Saying this , Navya looked at Cabir for few seconds, observing his smiling face.

Navya ( wickedly ) : now my turn. ...

Nandini nodded her head. While, Naira could sense it that she was gone today.

Navya ( smirking ) :  ( pointing towards Kartik ) that guy seems to be a gentleman! !!!.....so. ...you have to act like a drunk girl and seduce him! !!!....If he falls for you. ...then you win the dare. ...

Nandini ( calmly ) : fair enough. ...what say Naru? ???

Naira ( confidently ) : dare accepted. ...

Nandini ( excited ) : that's like a Murthy Sister ....so. ...now my dare? ???

After thinking for few seconds, Naira said " woh bechara ladka  ( Manik ). ...tab se uss chipkali se door bhaagne ki koshish kar raha hai. ...magar woh chudail usse akela chhod hi nehin rahi hai! !!!....toh aapko uss bechare ladke ki izaat bacchani hai! !!!

Nandini ( smirking ) : that is an easy dare. ..

The Murthy Sisters confidently looked at their subject's ( Manik, Cabir and Kartik ) before starting the ' Game of Dare '.