The Heroes Of Olympus:Fanfic (The Mark Of Athena) Chapter 2

Jason

Camp Jupiter....How long had it been since he sawthe familiar scenery ,the mountains surrounding the camp and the Tiber winding it's way through the valley?  "Gods, I've missed this place"he said with a sigh. They were all walking towards the senate house...........everyone except Percy .

Jason had thought of Percy as a huge guy with ripped muscles with another two metres of ego. When he saw Percy wearing his praetor robes,he had to admit he was feeling a bit angry. Who the heck was this guy??and where does he get off taking my job??.But the moment he heard him speak,he realized why they had chosen him. He had the spirit of a true roman and an air of power.He could tell he was a good guy. Jason felt it was kinda cruel to play such a joke on him....but  man!!!!! The look on his face was hilarious. He could hardly  control his laughter when he thought about his dejected face when he told him that Annabeth hadn't come. He hoped Annabeth would have revealed herself by now.

They were on the way to the principia to have a proper meeting, before the senate called for one.

"So,Jason , how have you been?" asked Reyna. Formal as ever, Jason thought,with a smile,"Just fine and dandy,Reyna". "Hey,hey, I'm fine too and you ,Reyna are really fine ", Leo piped up,with a huge goofy grin on his face.Well, that was Leo for you,ever the comedian. Reyna glared at him icily.As if that would stop Leo from flirting with every girl who was out of his league. And then there was Piper.

He'd been avoiding Piper recently, ever since he remembered Reyna, although he still didn't remember what they had. The problem was ,he really liked Piper. He kept sneaking glances at her. At that point Piper took his hand and walked beside him. at that moment,Reyna turned around and noticed them. Man!! It was like Khione all over again.

Reyna opened her mouth to say something but just then the ground started shaking and out came a huge monster,the likes of which Jason had never seen before.

"Damn"Leo shouted as he took out a hammer from his toolbelt. Piper drew out her knife quickly and dodged the monster's huge tail swing. Reyna and Jason unsheathed their gladii and charged together. Their swords clanged against the scaly metal hide without even a scratch. The MOnster was a huge black serpent which looked as if it could swallow Hannibal in a single gulp. It's yellow eyes glowed like yellow lanterns and it's teeth made their gladii look like toothpicks.

Recalling his monster fighting classes at Camp Half -Blood (he had attended 2 or 3 just out of interest )he said, "It's a Drakon!" ."Not any Drakon ,Jason ."Piper said ,"That's Sybaris.Mother of all Drakons." Just great...Jason started charging . Sybaris turned it's yellow gaze on him and BAM!!! he couldn't move.The Drakon opened it's huge maw and ws about to swallow him whole when he heard the most beautiful voice in the world,"JAson!!!!!! MOVE!!!".JAson felt himself moving involuntarily just missing those razor sharp teeth.

Jason looked around for the source of the voice and saw that it was Piper ,still using her charmspeak to make Sybaris bang her head on the ground. Leo was flaming like The Human Torch and kept throwing fireballs at it. It did as much harm as a fly would do to you. Sybaris whipped it's tail around and slammed into Piper . Piper flew 10 feet into the air and landed in a crumpled heap.

Jason was enraged. No one was gonna whip the girl he liked like that .He collected all his rage into one swing and slsahed the drakon as if there was no tomorrow. Arcs of electricity flew out of the sword ,attacking the drakon's eyes, mouth and all it's exposed bits..

When Jason's vision cleared, ther was no Sybaris . Just a smoking tunnel made of steel scales and hollow snake skull. "Whoa!!Man, you been workin out!!!!!"Leo yelled ,running towards him.Jason just shook him off and ran towards where Piper lay still. He grabbed a chunk of ambrosia out of his bag and stuffed it into Piper's mouth.Still nothing.  "NO! NO! NO!,You are not dying here, Piper McLean."He shook her till it seemed like her head would fall off.

Nothing. Jason didn't know what to do. Impulsively, he did the one thing he should never have done in front of Reyna. He kissed Piper.

WRITER'S  RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, 2 CHAPTERS IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ON A ROLL HERE......BTW  SRRY 4 THE CLIFFHANGER AND IM STILL OPEN FOR CRITICISMS AND IDEAS SO BRING 'EM IN........

PS. I REPEAT PJ AND HOO BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN AND IM SAYING THIS COZ CLARRISE WILL KILL ME IF I DON'T..........;)----------------