Expect the Unexpected (Zack Merrick/All Time Low)

Can I start by saying, I really like Zack Merrick, but I had to make him an asshole for this to work.

It's a major work in progress, so please let me know what you think. Do you hate it? do you like it? do I need to change anything? is there anything at all? anything? Do I need to post more? maybe scrap it now? Maybe put Rian in a hula skirt and have him and Jack dance the rumba?

-----------------------------

"Hello?" the familiar voice answered, obvious he had been sleeping.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Erika braced herself for what she was about to do. How exactly did one come out and break this news upon a person? How did you tell them something that was going to change lives forever? Shaking nervously she managed a quiet "Hello" just to let him know that she was still on the line with him.

"Who is this?" he asked trying to hide a yawn.

"Erika, Erika H..."

"Heat." He finished for her. She could almost hear the dopey, tired smile in his voice. "Erika Heat."

Erika blushed at the fact he had remembered her so quickly, she hadn't expected him to even pick up. Part of that was because she doubted that he had actually given her his actual phone number. A second thought played on her mind, the idea of him in bed, curled up in his blankets all snug. No doubt he probably slept naked, that idea was enough to make her cheeks flush.

"How are you, Erika?" he brought her back to reality for a brief second.

"I'm..."she paused with a heavy sigh.

Closing her eyes, she pinched the bridge of her nose and took a deep, deep breath urging herself not to burst into a fit of tears right here and right now. Not on the phone with him at least, she wanted to be strong when she did this even if it meant her world was falling apart. Everything hit her at once like a ton of bricks.

The excited noise of the crowd, the smell of the venue, the lights, the stage, the music and him.

It all came flooding back so quickly almost taking her by shock. Erika had met him earlier in the day, before the concert that his band was playing. She had been dragged by her best friend and roommate Codi. Codi was much more excited to be seeing the famed All Time Low than Erika was. A concert like that just wasn't her thing, but Codi insisted she go because there was no way she was going alone.

Erika had tried to talk her way out of it, but Codi refused to give in. She had even went as far as signing Erika up for their fan club, The Hustler Club, just so she could attend some kind of party with Codi before the show. The party is how Erika had initially met him, the guy who had put her in this predicament. A soft smile crossed her face and a bit of her melted inside. No matter how scared and pissed off she was right now, when she thought of him it made her smile.

He was gorgeous!

Not just your typical kind of gorgeous either, there was something about him that had caught Erika's attention the second he had walked in. It was easy to tell he was shy, blushing every so often whenever somebody spoke to him and never really mingling like the others.

As quickly as he had come in he wasn't long finding an excuse to slip back out. It wasn't that he hated these, because that wasn't the truth at all. In fact he adored the fans that the band had made over their years of playing together, at twenty-four to have this kind of thing going on was crazy! Sometimes too crazy, but he enjoyed it even if it never showed.

Walking around, milling and trying his best to engage in conversations that he could care less about, he spotted her. She was leaning against the wall looking completely bored, who could blame her? Her dark hair was pulled off to the side in soft curls and her big brown eyes just seemed to sparkle, it didn't hurt that her peach coloured sundress was strapless and sat just above her knees showing off her legs. He was a leg man, long legs killed him and hers...wow.