Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Edited by Grammar_Nazi

I slumped on the bed pouting my lips, feeling so frustrated with Nick. He’s right. Our families would definitely support him when they know the truth about what had gone down; they had all called them the perfect couple so many times recently that they would not only support Nick, but also be heartbroken. How could he back up on his words? If I knew this would happen I wouldn’t have agreed to go on with his plan and I can’t back out now easily because the marriage does not only affect the two of us but so many more lives.

Just because he knew the truth about my virginity, he wanted me to be his wife. Why? So that he could have sex with me anytime he wants? If I become his wife for real, I could ask him to have sex with me anytime I want. I could feel his lips on mine whenever and wherever, as his hands will work magic on by body. I could rub and kiss his six packs anytime I want, when I want and where I want. The thought has made me all hot and sweaty.

Stupid Ashley! I hit myself on the head. How could you think about sex and kissing at this time? There are so many responsibilities that come with marriage. Commitment and trust among other things. You have to be responsible for his well being, you have to take care about his feelings and his needs and trust him, but would you able to trust him? My mind asked me. That would be hard to do.

Well, he has to do same for me right? He has to take care about my feelings and my needs too right. Sex and kisses are part of needs, isn’t it? Shit! I hit myself again with the palm of my hand. Stop thinking about it for a while but I couldn’t when that is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about us. Gosh, I can’t deny I love having sex with him. He is a great lover. I can’t compare him to anyone else in the bedroom department, but I don’t think anyone else can make my heart beat like he does.

I have never allowed myself do it with anyone else but my husband. I pondered. Isn’t that what I promised myself, to give my body and soul to my husband? Nick is my husband and I’ve given him my body. Soul? Will I able to give my soul to someone I hate? Do I hate him? I don't think so I do anymore. Not after what happened between us last night. I think I'm starting to like him now, but does Nick like me back?

I wonder what is the real reason Nick wants me to be his wife. Can it because he felt that it’s his responsibility for what happened between us? Maybe he is feeling guilty that he took my virginity from me. I’m sure he had taken other several girls’ virginity but why hasn’t he married any of them? Why a sudden guilt when it comes to me? Is it because I lost my virginity at the age of 22 or is it because he loves making love to me that he didn’t want anyone else to have me?

Yeah, right, keep on dreaming Ashley. I have forgotten that I am not his usual type of girl. I am not perfect in his eyes. Maybe he couldn’t resist me because there no one else on this small island but the two of us. He just lusts after me because there’s no one else here around to tap.

Nick came out from the bathroom wrapped in a towel around his waist; he looked delicious, ready to be ravished under the towel. I could smell the mixture of shower gel and aftershave from a distance. My heartbeat increased just at the sight of him and my eyes remained glued to him. Without meeting my eyes he moved over to his suitcase to get his clothes. He continued to look away from me. I knew he was still upset with me.

I slowly pretended to comb my hair, while waiting for him to get completely dress. He didn’t take the comb from me; he ran his fingers through his hair making them look sexy. As I watched his fingers work magic, I was tempted to run my fingers through his hair. Once he finished I followed behind him; walking out of our room. He stopped and glanced at me. I immediately walked next to him, pulled his hand into mine and he didn’t pull away. We walked together towards the deck without a word.