Rare Chances

Rainy season, a season full of sour clouds. I was on my way home, usually i would walk home with Nayla, but she have club activities. She is going for the tryouts to join the school's basketball team. I am amazed to the amount of talent she has hidden in her physically small body.

        That doesnt make me feel less guilty about me having the same crush as her. I should know my position well, or at least my normal looks. I mean which sane person choose me over Nayla.

      *barking*

     What? A dog? Where? I love dogs.

        *even more barking*
What is this? Multiple barking? Where? I looked around and found a box. I approached the box and to my surprise, three cute puppies came out, I swear i couldve died of pure cuteness. I fulfilled my lust of dog petting and found a note at that, it said "take good care of my babies"

       Whoa, the mother dog wrote this? Looks more like a human wrote this. The box containing the puppies were surprisingly waterproof material. Nevertheless three puppies cant be left alone. I'll bring it back home and plead my butt off to my parents, the puppies surely will win over their heart too.

     Halfway to my house, it started raining. I scurried over to a bus stop with the box containing the puppies, apparently i forgot the box was waterful but thats alright. The puppies were cute, they were staring at me with such loving eyes.

      As i was waiting for the rain to stop, i saw him, who is he again? Oh Ken, that guy.. He was in a rush, he was running with an umbrella closed. Is he in a rush? Even him drenched in the rain looks good. He didnt see me though, but whatever.

        After a solid ten minutes, the rain stopped. I made my way back home.

       "Oh, you're home! Welcome back." Mom greeted,

        "What is that?" She added.

       "Uhh, this.. I found abandoned puppies, can we please keep them?"

        I saw a frown on my mom's face, everything became quiet . But she then broke the silence.

      "Go ask your dad to buy you a big cage for the dogs, we never had pets before so you better have responsibility"

       My eyes lit up in an instant, i jumped and hugged my mom, i can hear her faintly sighing.

        " i love you mom"

         "me too, honey. I love me too"

i back off slowly and went to shower the puppies. I couldnt think of a good name so i named them numerically. One, Two and Three.

       I went ahead to smell the puppies and expected an odor, but it wasn't that bad at all, it is like someone took good care of them. I ended up giving One, Two and Three a shower.

       Once i had dinner, i gave some to my dogs. I was tired and laid on my bed. I could hear little steps approaching me. I looked down and saw Two licking my legs. I lifted Two and let him lay beside me, soon enough One and Three came and they all got on my bed. One slept on my stomach, while Three on my lap, and Two on my chest. Not long after, i yawn and fell deep asleep. Dogs are a blessings to humans.

      It was saturday, i decided to wake up early, i felt this wet kind of feeling in my lap, and a stinking smell of pee entered my sense of smell. I woke up digusted and sighed, so this is the responsibility part. When i had woke up the dogs were happily playing in the cage dad bought for them. I remembered it was Three that peed on my lap and gave it a death stare. Our eyes met and Three came closer, she started running towards me and gave me a look. A look so cute that i felt i was reborn into a saint, i forgave all the sins that this dog has befall upon me. Dogs are some creature. I took a shower and then proceed to play with my cute puppies.

      It was around noon when dad suddenly opened the front door returning from somewhere. He then said, "look Ren, i bought you three leashes, why dont you take your dogs for a stroll. The weather isn't so bad today"

      My eyes shone and i jumped with excitement. I put on the leashes and went out with my newly found puppies.  Alike with me, they're somehow really active, their tail were wagging rapidly. I wonder what it means.

      i decided to bring them to the nearby park, the weather was actually nice today. My puppies were peeing everywhere. I can only laugh at the sight of it.

         "so it was you"

       I jumped in shock, turned and saw a familiar face, ah that boy. Ken?

        "Are they your puppies?" Ken asked.

          "Yeah, I f-found them a day ago, they're cute r-right?"

       He let out the brightest smile and sighed,

      "They were mine, i had to leave them because my dad opposed to more puppies"

       More? How much puppies and dogs does this guy have? Plus he seems kinda sweaty, did he went for a jog?

        "I came looking when i found the box are missing, but it looks like you've took good care of them"

     After saying those words, he gave me a pat. I blushed really really hard. My heart was beating too fast to even make me think straight.

     As he lifted his hands, my hand moved on its own and placed them back on my head.

     "Ah,s-sorry for that"

   He let out the cutest smile and said,
           "I'll do it as many times as you want."

   With that he continued to pat me, we sat down in a bench. He patted all his puppies, and it seems the puppies still remember their former owner and barked in excitement.

         With that I got to know him better, and he actually lives only a few blocks away from me. He walked me home from the park, he waved me goodbye.

         "See you next monday, Thanks!"

         Ah, this guy is a genuine person. As i entered my house, my mom and dad was staring at me in confusion.

         "Hi, mom and dad, um.. Is anything wrong?"

         Dad and Mom were whispering to each other.

         "Looks like you've grown, Ren."
He said.

          "That boy was seriously cute, Mom is happy for you Ren."

      "Y-you guys have the wrong ideaaa!"

       With that Mom and Dad giggled  and hugged me.

        "We were just happy, we haven't seen you with a boy so long since El left out of town."

       Ah, El, my childhood friend. I guess i kinda miss him.

       "Get ready for dinner my youth filled daughter, it must be nice to be young." Mom added.

        With that, we ate dinner with both Mom and Dad constantly asking me about the boy which i somehow managed to avoid answering. Today was one heck of a colorful day.

                    Chapter 2 End.