Chap 3 "Upping The Game"

Lynnea's POV
Tej and Ramsey started using God's Eye. "Got him," Tej smiled. "He's in London."
"Yeah," Rome sighed.
The computer started beeping. "Wait," Ramsey looked at the computer. "We got a second match in Hong Kong."
"And Beijing," I pointed. A lot of other places started popping up. "Just about every other major city of the planet."
"And, so, God's Eye was where we started," Mr. Nobody sighed. "Looks like Cipher's already created an evasion that masks their location by pinging random spots all over the globe, but it was a good thought, Roman."
"So, she's made my program obsolete," Ramsey sighed.
"And that, Ramsey, is why you're here," Mr. Nobody replied. "Or maybe why Lynnea is here."
"Simple solutions aren't going to cut it here, slick," Lucas stated towards Rome.
"Why you look at me when you say that?" Rome asked.
"Wait a minute, simple solutions might just cut it," I replied. "In order for God's Eye to give off all these false pings, it means they have to be using a flee relay."
"Watch these two work their magic after Lynnea says that," Mr. Nobody smiled.
"Which means it has a decaying sync randomizer," Ramsey nodded.
"Which we can reverse," Tej smiled.
"And you guys can track it back to the originating source and find Dom's true location," I pointed.
"I'm telling you, they got skills," Mr. Nobody nodded. "Alright, let's try this."
Tej and Ramsey started working on their trace. "Lucas," I looked at him. We walked to the back of the room. "Thank you."
"For?" Lucas asked.
"Keeping a lot of things a secret," I sighed. "Also, for helping me with Vincent and Justice. That year when he lost his memory and honestly, you helped saved the both of them."
"It was no problem at all," Lucas smiled. "Especially when the both of us were in a relationship."
"Were?" I asked. "I thought we still are but okay. Whatever you say."
"No, no, no," Lucas nodded. "I want to be in a relationship with you."
"Let's focus on that after we take care of Dom," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Let's get back to the group." I walked back to the front of the room as we got a location. "Where's that?"
"This is interesting," Mr. Nobody smiled.
"Why?" Lucas asked.
"Because that's here," Mr. Nobody replied.
"What?" I asked. There was an explosion, causing us to hit the ground. Lucas landed a couple feet away from me. I was still standing. Something came in and bombs started going off. Lucas re-stabilized himself and tackled me to the ground as the bomb went off. Cipher walked in with Dom. I could barely move. "Ah."
"Did you all enjoy that?" Cipher asked. "Next generation concussion grenades. It scramble your senses." I sighed. "Don't worry. It will wear off in an hour, probably. Hello Deckard. Nice to see you again." I heard him groan. "Look at this. Body's not even cold, Dom. Your family's already replaced you. You chose the losing team. I guess your brother is smarter than you." I managed to sit up as she grabbed God's Eye. "Smart move embedding it into the mainframe. Let's go."
"Dom!" I exclaimed as they started walking out. He turned back and looked at me. "We're in this mess because of you. Why are you doing this to us?"
"You gonna turn your back on family?" Letty asked. "Just like that?" Cipher grabbed Dom and kissed him. He didn't pull away. I saw how much that hurt Letty. They left. We managed to move to a different room of the building. I walked up to Letty. "That wasn't him. I don't know what she's got on him, but it wasn't Dom."
"Brian would know what to do," Rome stated.
"No," I pointed at Rome. "We can't bring Brian and Mia into this. We agreed on that."
"I know," Rome sighed. "I know."
"So," Lucas walked up to me and stood next to me with his arms crossed. "What do we do now?"
"We still gotta find him," I replied. "No matter what, we still gotta find him."
"Is there something going on between the two of you that we should know about?" Rome asked. Lucas and I looked at him. "So, wanna tell us rather than have us guess?"
"I think it'll be fun to watch you guess," I smiled at him. "But to make this mission easier, Lucas and I are fixing our relationship, okay?"
"So you guys are a couple?" Rome asked.
"We had a life before this," Lucas nodded. Lucas started working on a laptop we did have. Deckard worked on a different laptop. "Dammit, she wiped it all. Took God's Eye. That was the one thing we could use to find him. We lost everything." Lucas got up from his car and started pacing. I got on the laptop and started typing. "Lynnea, nothing's gonna work."
"I gotta try," I sighed. "I picked up a few things living with the Queens." I could feel Lucas and Hobbs looking at me. "Okay, just because I don't have the Queen's blood running through my veins, I do have the blood of the Powell's and the Reid's. I picked up a few things from my mom, my sister, and I might uncover something of my dad's that I have."
"What do you got, princess?" Hobbs looked.
"Nothing yet," I replied. "I work fast but not that fast."
"I'm talking about him," Hobbs pointed at Deckard.
"Finding Toretto," Deckard replied. "But I have a couple minutes to spare, if you want me to send you to the hospital, again."
"Yo, rules," Hobbs stated.
"First off, that's not my name," Lucas stated.
"Little Nobody," Rome stated.
"Don't call me that," Lucas pointed at Rome.
"Oh, that's definitely sticking," Tej smiled.
"Great, do me a favor and tell your majesty over there that if we're gonna find Toretto, we find Toretto together as a team," Hobbs put his hands on his waist. "And when this is all over with, I'm happy to slap that whisker biscuit right off his face."
"How do you think Dom and Cipher got into the country without us knowing?" Ramsey asked.
"Ghost lites," I replied. "If you know the right people that know the right patterns then you can fly right through the blind spots completely undetected."
"So, you know where Dom is headed?" Letty asked.
"New York," Deckard and I stated in unison.
"Now, that was fast," Mr. Nobody pointed at me. "Hobbs and Deckard are going to get along just great. Which proves rule number two: you never lose everything." I smiled as I stood up. "Fire up the chopper. Guys, have a ball in the Big Apple."
"Home sweet home," I sighed. "But I can't go home."
"Don't you live in New York?" Lucas asked.
"My sister texted me," I nodded. We got into a plane and flew to New York City. As we landed at the airport we got into a truck. "Oh the text. Justice said hey sis. Moving to a small town called Longmont to start a life with Vincent. Sorry I can't say goodbye but I hope you are able to get off that list. Best wishes and I love you. Call me if you need anything."
"Must be hard," Letty sighed as we started moving. "You're sister leaving the only home you knew."
"No, Vincent and Justice has been through so much together and if they knew about this, she'll freak," I sighed. "I don't need her in any more danger than she was three years ago."
"Why are we traveling like this again?" Rome asked.
"Because Dom took God's Eye, so we need to stay off the grid," Tej sighed.
"But like this?" Rome asked.
"Are they always like this?" Lucas asked as me and him sat in the back of the truck.
"Them or him?" I asked.
"Him," Lucas chuckled.
"Yeah, he's always been like that," I replied. "But if I ever wanna visit Justice, I can always track her down."
"Really?" Lucas looked at me. "Why didn't you track me?"
"Mr. Nobody is hard to track and when working with him, you vanished," I sighed. "I gave up. Don't take it as anything personal, Lucas. Just know that I never stopped thinking about you."
"How do I know that's true?" Lucas asked.
"Because," I stated. I turned on my phone and went to my photos. I showed him a photo of my room at Justice's apartment. "This is why." I zoomed in on my nightstand. There was a picture frame on there that held a picture of Lucas and I at his prom on one side and one of me and him at his graduation on the other. "You broke a lot of rules and so did I just being with you. Me being fourteen and you were going to be eighteen in a couple months. You then disappeared for three years after your graduation and I had nothing but this picture of us." I put my phone back in my pocket. "You're what? Twenty now? We're both adults and we should know what we want. My mom married my dad and then he was murdered two months after I was born. It took her a couple months to get engaged to Oliver and a couple years to marry him." Lucas held my hand. "Mom and Dad really liked you. They were sad that you went away but I did pretty well masking my feelings. But, like I said, we'll figure it all out after this mission is over." I looked at him. "And maybe I'll take you to go meet my real dad."
"I'd like to have that honor," Lucas smiled.
The truck came to a stop and the trailer doors opened. It was a fish shop. "Oh, how fun," I sighed.
"Ugh, look here, man, before I throw up in my mouth, let me ask you, what are we doing here?" Rome asked as we got off the truck and walked to the big warehouse doors.
"That's a good question, Roman," Lucas stated. "Let me show you." The warehouse doors opened and we walked inside. "Welcome to our new base of operations." I looked around in awe. "I know Lynnea likes it here."
"Oh, seriously, " Letty stated. "What is this place?"
"This is heaven," Tej nodded.
"It's the agency garage," Hobbs smiled. "They call it the Toy Shop."
"This is where we house every vehicle seized from drug dealers on the east coast," Lucas stated as we walked inside. "Now, Mr. Nobody said that if we're gonna have a chance at catching Dom, we're gonna have to be damn fast." I nodded. "I figured this would help."
"We got a tank," Tej smiled as he walked over to a tank. "750 horsepower, 6.6 liter V8 duramax engine with a M153 operated weapon stationed on top."
"You couldn't have gotten that from drug dealers," I pointed.
"Because we didn't," Mom smiled as she walked in. "The United States Army lent us that."
"Special Agent Katie Queen," Lucas stated. "She's here to help us pick out some cars for our mission."
"I'm in trouble," I sighed.
"No, you're not Lynnea," Mom nodded. "We're just trying to get you to get Dom and then get you cleared from Interpol's list."
"Wait, wait, wait," Rome nodded. "How does one hottie know the other hottie?"
"You, my friend, are asking to be hurt," I looked at him.
"What are you talking about?" Rome asked.
"She's my mom," I stated.
"She's your ---?" Rome asked as he pointed. "Oh snaps. I'm sorry, Mrs. Queen."
"It's alright, Roman," Mom put her hand up.
"She's NCIS and FBI willing to give us her time," Lucas stated. "She drove four hours to get here and we know she's not on Dom's radar so she's safe."
"And I plan to keep it that way," Mom nodded. "After the incident with my oldest daughter, I had to relocate back to Quantico with my youngest."
"Wait, what?" I asked.
"I got terminated from NYPD," Mom sighed. "Because I hadn't resigned fully from the FBI or NCIS, they covered for me and said I was UC. But enough about me." Lucas smiled. "Let's make some decisions."
"See, the army is developing machines like this that soldiers can drive from a mile away so they safe and alive," Tej nodded. "But luckily, there's a back up driver seat for those of us who likes to get more hands on."
"No one is getting hands on," Lucas stopped them. "She doesn't go on city streets."
"Oh, I'm in love," Rome stated as he walked up to a forklift that was carrying a lamborghini.
"Again, no, no," Lucas stopped Rome. "That's a million dollar show car. The point is to not draw attention."
"It's reverse psychology," Rome looked at Lucas. "Dom will never see it coming."
"It's neon orange," Lucas argued. "The international space station can see it coming."
"Are you going to get into this?" I asked Mom.
"No," Mom nodded. "I'm enjoying this, but I'm going to have to."
"Yeah, before someone gets hurt," I sighed.
"Rome, you're not taking that car," Mom stated. Her phone rang and she looked at it. "Excuse me." She picked up. "Queen." Mom turned her back on us and listened. "Yeah, I'll be there in three hours." She hung up and looked at us. "You guys, I'm putting Lucas in charge. It's their shop. He knows most of the things here. I gotta go."
"Where are you going?" Lucas asked.
"I got a dead sailor in Woodbridge," Mom nodded as a car pulled up. "NCIS is taking over the investigation from local police."
"Now, this is what I'm talking about," Rome stated as he walked up to the car that pulled up. "This is a nice Aston Martin Vantage."
"Don't even think about putting your prints on that car, Roman Pearce," Mom stated as she turned to look at him. She walked up to the car as the driver got out. "Keep your prints off." She put on her sunglasses. "I gotta go. You guys, I wish you the best of luck."
"There's no way you bought this on your salary," Rome nodded.
"You're right," Mom looked at him. She smiled. "My husband bought it for me. See ya."
"Bye Mom," I sighed as she drove away. "There goes my mom."
"Who's your dad again?" Rome asked. I looked at him. "The guy who bought her that car."
"You're kidding, right?" Lucas asked as he looked at Roman. "She's married to Oliver Queen. The billionaire CEO of Queen Industries."
"Snaps," Rome stated.
"But the car, choose anything less conspicuous," Lucas nodded.
"No, no, no," Rome nodded. "Color doesn't matter."
"Not happening," Lucas pointed. Lucas walked over to me. "Wanna check it out?"
"Yeah," I smiled. We walked around. "This is a lot of cars."
"Anything close to what you drive?" Lucas asked.
"I drive a Maserati," I sighed. "The same car I drove in Berlin, but mine's silver." I stopped when I saw a blue Subaru BRZ. "This is the car I want to drive."
"Go for it," Lucas smiled. "I'm driving the silver one." We started working on our cars while listening to the police scanners. "Lynnea, are you sure you got your hook in?"
"I may be a girl but I know my stuff, Lucas," I smiled. I started typing on the computer. Lucas walked over to me and looked over my shoulder. He put his arm around me. "What are you doing?"
"You know exactly what I'm doing," Lucas smiled. He gave a me kiss on the cheek and I smiled. "I know you've missed me. I've been watching over you. I never really left."
"That's good to know," I smiled.
"Well, at least I can say I'm glad to see you again," Lucas smiled. "I wish it weren't under these circumstances."
"That I can agree with you," I smiled as my phone rang. I look at my phone. "It's my mom." I picked up. "Hey Mom."
"We got locked car in cyber shock. Send backup! Send SWAT!" the guy over the police scanners stated. "I don't care if you send the goddamn boy scouts. Just send us some help!"
"Now that's Dom," Letty stated as she picked up a walkie talkie.
"Did you get that Mom?" I asked as I got into the car with a walkie talkie.
"Yeah," Mom sighed. "I'll sync in on your radio frequency. I'm already driving in it."
"Got it," I nodded. I started driving. Everyone followed me out the warehouse. Lucas was behind me in a silver Subaru BMZ, Letty was in a red car, Tej with Ramsey in a Mercedes, Rome in a Bentley, Deckard in a Jaguar, and Hobbs drove an armored truck. I grabbed my radio. "Alright guys, we got one more driver standing by to join us."
"Right behind you, Lynnea," Mom stated. I saw a white Nissan GTR, behind me. "Let's get him."
"Let's do this guys," I smiled. We blocked off a street. Dom showed up in front of us. Deckard parked right behind him. "Hold this line, guys."
"Guys, I know why Dom's here," Ramsey stated.
"It's because he's stole a Nuclear Football from the Russians," Mom stated. "DOD told the FBI, FBI told me, I told NCIS, and NCIS told me to stay here."
"It's over, Toretto," Hobbs used his speaker. "Get your ass out of the car now." Dom revved his engine. "That's how you wanna play this? Let's play."
"Don't do this, Dom," Letty nodded.
Dom turned his car to the left and sped. "He's going for it!" Lucas stated as he broke the line and curved to the right.
"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed. "It's a trap!"
"Dammit!" Lucas exclaimed.
Dom went through a flower shop. We went after Dom. "You gotta be three steps ahead of him!" Mom stated. "We don't need him getting away with those codes!"
"Now I know what it feels like to be every cop ever chasing us!" Tej stated.
"I don't even want to know," Mom replied.
"I'm gonna get a littler closer and I'll pin him," Lucas stated.
"Oh, so you just gonna pin Dom?" Rome asked. "Little Nobody has clearly lost his little mind."
"You can't pin someone like Dom Toretto," Mom stated. "It's impossible."
"I'm on him," Lucas stated.
Hobbs got in front of me and I had to hit my breaks. "Hobbs!" I exclaimed. "You trying to cause a wreck?"
"Easy, work together," Hobbs stated. I saw Dom knocking over some poles causing a work beam to collapse. "Wait, wait, wait!"
"Oh shit!" Lucas exclaimed as the beams fell on his car. "Damn it!"
Everybody broke left on the street before the beams. "I'll take the shortcut," Hobbs replied.
"Right behind you," I stated. "Lucas, get ready to jump in." I put my passenger window down. I followed right behind Hobbs. Lucas jumped on top of my car and climbed in through the passenger window. I kept driving. "When we tell you something, you listen. We know Dom a lot better than you do."
"What?" Lucas asked.
"My mom knows Dom better than you do," I stated. "And she doesn't even know Dom personally."
"Watch the drag or the line will snap!" Letty stated.
"Time to bring it," I sighed. I stepped on the accelerator. I caught up and drove behind Mom and Rome. "Here we go." Dom was coming towards us. We came to a stop and shot our torpedoes. I didn't get a chance to launch mine. Hobbs was to his left, Deckard to Dom's right, Letty and Tej right behind him. Mom and Rome had thiers in the front of Dom's car. "We'll wait it out."
"Stretch him out!" Hobbs nodded. They put their car in reverse. "Hold him!" I sighed. "He's got to have at least two thousand horsepower in that thing."
"Try three thousand," Tej stated.
"Try five," Deckard replied.
Dom pulled Mom and Rome back. Dom started going forward. "No, no, no, no!" Rome stated. As him and Mom reversed back. "It's my Bentley." Dom reversed causing Rome and Mom to flip their cars over. "Ah! No! No! Ah!"
Mom got out of her car and ran over to Rome. "Seriously Roman?" Mom asked as she helped him out of the car. "We gotta get out." Dom hit his left door off causing it to collide with Hobbs and flip his truck over. Dom kept reversing, going between Letty and Tej. They flipped into each other with Deckard's car landing on top of theirs. Dom's car also flipped. Dom got out of the car and started running. Deckard followed. "Lynnea!" Mom ran over to the car and opened the door. "Go! I'll drive."
"Right," I nodded. I got out and started running. Mom started driving. I saw Dom. I grabbed the case and started running. "Got it."
"Lynnea, stop!" Dom exclaimed. I got into an alley. I ran to the end and a gunshot was heard. I stopped and turned to look at Dom. "Lynnea."
"I don't know why you're doing this, but I know one thing, Dom," I stated. "I'm your sister, you love family, you love me. And you are not gonna shoot me." I walked and made a right. Some guy took my gun from my pocket and shoved me against the wall. He held a gun at me. "Damn."
"You should've given him the case, 'cause I won't chase you," he replied. He tried taking the case but I kept my grip on it. "Okay. I'll just take it from a dead girl."
The guy pointed the gun at my head as Dom pointed at gun at his. "You willing to die for it?" Dom asked. He tried again and I kept my grip on it. Dom looked at me as I looked at him. I sighed and I let go. "You got it."
"Let's go then," the guy nodded.
"Don't," I nodded. Dom and the guy left. I started crying. The Subaru pulled up with only Mom in it. "Mom?"
"Get in, sweetheart," Mom nodded. We got in and drove to the base. She parked the car and we got out. We walked over to everyone else. "I got her."