17

Mikaelson Compound

Dead, bloodied vampires were scattered around the room.

The Guerrera Werewolves lead by Francesca had taken all vampires down in a matter of an hour, leaving them all in pain and hallucinating into a painful dead.

Klaus and Marcel walked in, ignoring the sight in slight sorrow, more Marcel having seen vampires he himself had sired and befriended dead. Between them was Diego one of his most trusted friends.

Marcel swayed a bit, blinking away the hallucination the venom was producing, sitting down in the fountain in the middle of the compound.

Klaus quietly looked around at his surrogate son, kneeling down in front of him "Saving my daughter. That's not something anyone would have done. Everyone else would have preferred her dying to cause me suffering but not you..." he began slowly, raising his wrist to his mouth, biting it, drawing blood "For that, I will heal you and your friends" he offered his bleeding wrist "Here"

Marcel looked up weakly, shaking his head "No kids are harmed, I've never want that. That's a rule" he replied, forcing his mind away from the painful venom induced memory, looking around his dead friends, swatting Klaus' hand away, looking down at Diego's bloodied, dead body in sorrow "This bite, all this... I know it didn't come from nowhere. This is the last note in a song that I started a century ago when I brought your dad to town" he looked at Klaus, in guilt "And for that, I am sorry"

Klaus looked at him sympathetically, shaking his head, placing his hand on his shoulder affectionally "No. You tried to save my child's life even when she's not in your arms she was there, I know it. And you saved her by killing the ones threatening her life. Not everyone would have done that, Marcellus. For that, you deserve this"

Klaus held out his wrist again. This time, Marcel accepted it, taking a hold of Klaus' hand, slowly bitting into his wrist, drinking his blood to cure himself from the werewolf venom.

"We will take down whoever brought this upon us, I swear it" Klaus swore. Marcel looked up in shock, his injures finally healing. Klaus stood, worry settling in him as he looked around "Now, I need to find my daug..." He stopped abruptly hearing a child's cooing around the Compound and a small female giggle.

Marcel, also hearing the voices looked up at Klaus' expression as he quickly rushed away to the sound. Marcel slowly followed.

Using his heightened senses, Klaus found the source of the voices, walking inside an empty room, freezing in shock.

A brunette girl stood in the middle of the room with her back to him, "You're a brave little one, aren't you?" A soft voice reached Klaus's ears. "Your Daddy is gonna be here at any second, little one. He probably heard us already"

"What?" Klaus took a step forward making the floor creak under his weight making the girl look up, turning around, giving Klaus a smile.

"Look daddy's home" Laurette whispered at the moving blanket on her arms, shifting her grip on it revealing a baby's face inside it. 

Klaus' eyes widened seeing the life on the young witch's brown eyes again as his gaze fell down to the baby in her arms.

"You..." Klaus began in shock.

Laurette walked closer, smiling slightly, looking down at the baby "She's really strong, you know? Since that ritual started she didn't even shed a tear or emitted a crying sound" Klaus looked down at the baby's eyes noticing she  his same shade of blue. He slowly looked up at Laurette. "She's your daughter" She tilted her head, smiling expectantly, "Don't you want to hold her?"

Klaus slowly took the baby from the Laurette's hands, feeling shocked he could feel her skin again realizing she was indeed alive and not a ghost

"How are you...?" Klaus started, looking up.

Laurette shook her head "That's not important, hybrid. Celebrate your daughter's sound and safe" she told him sternly but softly as she backed away.

Klaus nodded not questioning her, looking down at his child again.

Marcel stood in the doorway watching everything, smiling in joy and relief, exchanging a smile with Laurette.

All of them were happy that nothing happened to an innocent baby.

~8~

Laurette had walked away, leaving a shocked but happy father with his daughter upstairs, entering  the studio where she had spend countless of times in the month she spent there.

She was humming softly catching Hayley and Elijah's attention when they arrived, confused to hear a heartbeat, exchanging a look, walking inside the room.

Laurette looked up from the book she was reading.

Elijah and Hayley stared at her in shock.

Laurette smiled in amusement, "What? Never seen  a resurrected witch before?"

Hayley breathed in shock, slowly walking to her. "You're alive"

"I know" Laurette replied smiling slightly, tilting her head aside, "Your baby's upstairs with Klaus. I thought you may want to hold her"

"Thank you" Hayley's eyes widened in relief, tearing up knowing her daughter was now safe, nodding, running upstairs.

Laurette smiled, watching her go, slowly turning to face Elijah who was still looking at her with an unreadable expression.

"You're the one who never wanted me to die" Laurette broke the silence with a smirk, crossing her arms "And now that I'm back I'm being watched by those judging eyes of yours?"

"How...?" Is the only thing that left the noble Original's mouth.

Laurette smiled slightly to herself "Your brother asked the same. But that's not important" she waved a hand giving it not importance as to how she was brought back. A little mystery won't hurt anyone "It's kinda a long story, to be honest. What matters is that your niece is safe"

Elijah shook his head slowly, deciding to later question her about her abrupt return, walking to her, placing his hand on her shoulder smiling a small warm smile.

"Welcome Back, Laure"