16

*New Orleans*

It was too late.

Elijah couldn't help guilt as he reached St. Anne's after realizing Klaus and Hayley had been taken by the witches. The moment he reached the church, he spotted in horror the bloodied form of his brother leaning against the altar, staring straightforward, seeming to be fighting back his tears. Elijah's breath caught in his throat as his eyes moved downward to the limp, bloodied figure as her head rested on Klaus' lap.

Elijah felt guilty for not having been there to save them. But now, hearing what his brother told him about the baby still alive, he vowed to himself that he wouldn't let his niece down.

He won't let a third girl down in less than a week.

They both worked together, thinking of a place where witches could kill a baby when Klaus thought about something rushing away to an specific place, followed by Elijah.

A place where French Quarter witches had proceeded to realize their most 'important' rituals.

Lafayette Cemetery.

The Cemetery where the Harvest, the Reaping and more importantly where the witches' ancestors were buried took place. The only place where they could perform a spell to feed of power from their ancestors. A place they wouldn't feel remorse to take an innocent baby's life.

They rushed around the cemetery for hours until they realized one of the witches tricks. One that if they remember correctly, in the month Laurette had stayed with them told them it was one of their favorites.

An illusion to make seem a place endless. At that pace, they would never find the littlest Mikaelson

~8~

St. Anne's church

Hayley's eyes fluttered open with a harsh breath intake.

Her wide eyes flickered around the empty church, grabbing her head and throat, feeling overwhelmed as she breathed heavily.

Her eyes met a pool of her own blood and flashes of her induced labor and the witches taking her baby while forcing Klaus to watch invaded her, making her tense up in pain for a few seconds until she relaxed, dropping her hands to her sides, looking up as if in a trance. Her neck only had a line of dried blood.

There was no injure.

Hayley stood, her clothes covered with dried blood, hers and her baby as she walked away from the church, determined.

~8~

Lafayette Cemetery

There was an altar formed with a stone table and lit torches lining an aisle as Genevieve walked down between the rows of tomb, hiding a nervous expression.

Once reaching the altar, Genevieve slowly placed an athame in top of the stone table, slowly turning around in her heels seeing Monique and Abigail watching her intently, carrying a basket with the Mikaelson baby on it.

Abigail and Monique approached Genevieve as she stood behind the altar. Monique placed the basket on the floor, grabbing the baby on her arms, giving her to Genevieve, immediately standing on the left of the table while Abigail stood on the right side.

Genevieve looked down at the baby in her arms, turning pale slowly, knowing what she was about to do, lifting the baby in the air. Abigail and Monique held their hands to the baby.

They all began to chant their spell. "Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous..."

~8~

In panic, Elijah, Klaus and Hayley rushed around through the maze of tombs of the illusion towards where Hayley, in transition sensed her daughter being in danger breaking through the illusion.

Hayley growled in anger, hearing the witches chanting, hurrying her pace.

"Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous"

Elijah, Klaus and Hayley arrived when Genevieve, almost in a verge of crying held the athame above the baby's head, preparing to complete the sacrifice.

Sensing the vampires coming closer, Monique and Abigail linked their arms together, channeling their ancestors to stop them as soon as they started rushing towards the altar, throwing them backwards.

Behind the witches, the athame fell from Genevieve's hand as she gasped in pain, feeling her wrist breaking, cradling her hand to her chest, looking around in confusion.

Between some rows, hidden from the Mikaelson's and the witches view, two hands were up mid-air, pointing straight to the altar.

Genevieve still confused by her hand's action, looked around quickly for the athame as Monique and Abigail continued channeling their ancestors, trying to stop the Mikaelsons.

"You fools! To come against us in our place of power in our strongest hour?" Monique exclaimed in sadistic glee "You don't face three, you face us all!" 

Abigail was still chanting, feeling the strength of hundred and hundred of their ancestors protecting them so they could complete their sacrifice.

While still fighting on getting closer to save the baby, the three vampires got separated. Seeing an opportunity, with a determined frown, Hayley rushed to the Altar finding Genevieve just holding up the athame again.

Hayley's anger grew with the sight of the redhead, rushing toward her to fight her off before Genevieve as all witches used her powers to protect herself by casting a pain infliction on Hayley making her fall to her knees.

Far away behind them, Niklaus and Elijah still standing kept fighting the linked witches and their ancestors until Klaus in fury grabbed a wrought iron fence breaking one of the spikes, growling in anger, throwing it forcefully straight to Abigail, impaling her through the stomach killing her, immediately breaking the connection she and Monique had.

Monique realizing her friend was dead and Genevieve was occupied with Hayley, saw that no one would end the sacrifice so she sent for the last time with the ancestors' energy a powerful pain inflection to Klaus and Elijah on her way to kill the baby.

Seeing this, Hayley stopped fighting Genevieve, trying to rush to Monique but the readhead cast another pain infliction spell on her, making her scream in pain and fear for her daughter.

Monique breathed heavily and with ecstasy raised the athame with both hands but stopped groaning in pain.

Sizzling noise came from Monique's hands making her drop the athame, crawling her hands to her chest, seeing burned marks on her hands, fire starting to surround her, hiding her from Genevieve's sight, who in confusion used her magic to throw Hayley away through a tomb, making her fall with a thud.

Genevieve felt a throbbing pain inside her head, groaning falling down, looking up weakling, seeing a curtain of black hair on top of her before falling unconscious.

Monique growled in hate in front of her, raising a hand toward the baby as her nose began to bleed, breathing heavily feeling weak. She growled in anger, trying to kill the baby until she gasped in confusion, looking down at herself, seeing a dark object embedding itself in her stomach. Immediately hundred of cuts began appearing in her body, starting to cough up blood before falling to the ground, dying.

Klaus and Elijah looked up surprised to be met with Marcel being the one killing Monique and saving the baby's life.

Marcel, on the altar picked up the empty blanket, looking at them in confusion

Marcel saved her, but... Where's the baby?