Chapter 5

I don't know if I regret telling Kat, she wants me to go to the police but even if I do Bryce's parents are super rich and would get him out of it or he could turn it around and tell everyone I'm just an attention whore and I made it up, he has a lot of power at school. But any way My shift is about over and Montgomery hasn't shown up yet and I'm a little disappointed. Then the door opens he walks in looks, around then when he sees me he comes over.
"Hey gorgeous" he says leaning against a table.
"Hi, thank you for the flowers and the note but that did make Kat's fantasy of us getting married worse" I reply laughing a bit.
"Who said it was a fantasy?" I look at him shocked then he continues " and I may have made it worse too"
"What do you mean?"
"How do you think I knew where you worked and your work schedule?" He asked.
I just shrugged my shoulders " I don't know , I figured you were a stalker" I reply nonchalantly.
"Ha ha very funny sweetheart" he says sarcastically.
"Well my shift is over" but get cut off "I know that's why we are having lunch together then we are going to the movies" he says smirking.
"Oh really, What if I don't want to?"I say crossing my arms.
He looked at me with his eyebrows raised.
" I think you do"
" no I don't think I do"
-----------------------------------------------------
So me and Montgomery have just finished lunch and are driving to the movies.
"So your going to be a sophomore, right?" Monty asks.
"Yea and you are gonna be a junior?" Now I originally Thought that this was gonna be really awkward but it's not I've actually really enjoyed hanging out with him and we have learned a lot about each other.
" but you're 16 how are you sophomore?"
" my parents started me a year late."
"Oh are you going to drivers ed soon?"
"Well I want to but That involves parents and mine aren't here" I say bitterly as we pull up to the movie theaters.
I go to buy the tickets while Montgomery went to park. In the box office is a guy from our school Brad, Kat had a fling with him before she met Justin.

 In the box office is a guy from our school Brad, Kat had a fling with him before she met Justin

Brad looked up at me " hey Skylar, right? Your friends with Kat?"
" yea I am" I answer shyly.
"Did you come here alone?" I was about to answer but he cut me off
"Because your to pretty to be here alone." I blushed and looked down, not many people notice me never mind hit on me. I was about to answer when all of the sudden I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and a kiss on my cheek which made me blush even more " babe did you get the tickets yet?" I turned around to see Montgomery glaring at Brad for some reason.
"No I was just about to." I tell him not questioning the fact he called me babe.
"Why don't you go get us some drinks inside I will get the tickets." He says still glaring at Brad.
"Ok" I say looking at him weirdly then go inside to get two Pepsi's. I see a unfamiliar girl working I look at her name tag and it says Hannah.
"Hey, are you Hannah Baker?" I ask.
"Um...yea" she replies slowly.
"Sorry that was probably creepy. I'm Skylar, Kat's friend"
"Oh it's nice to meet you we're hanging out tomorrow."
"Yea" I look out and see Montgomery walking in with his fist clenched crushing the tickets. " sorry I have to go but see you tomorrow Hannah" I tell her cheerfully.
"See you tomorrow" I grab the drinks and walk over to Montgomery.
" hey is everything ok?" I ask softly.
He looks down at me and seems to calm down, he takes one of the drinks "now I am" he says still looking at me.
We go in and sit down, then he looks over at me "Skylar, please do not talk or go out with brad ever." He pleaded. I look at him
"Why?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows, Brad was always sweet to me when he was with Kat I think to myself. He thinks for a moment then says "he Is not a good person and I don't want you to get hurt so please promise me" he begs.
"Ok I promise" I give in. Montgomery then brings his hand up, pushing some hair that had Fallen in my face behind my ear and then placed his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb back and forth and quietly says to himself it seems like " I just want to protect you" staring in my eyes adoringly. I blush and look at the screen, but I can still feel him looking at me the whole movie.
*Montgomery's p.o.v
After I watch Skylar walk in side, I glare back at Brad.
" what in the hell was that?" I ask angrily.
"Nothing just talking to a pretty girl" he replies. Yea my pretty girl I think to myself bitterly.
" well don't talk to her again" I tell him angrily.
" why? Did you see how much I made her blush by just calling her pretty, imagine how much I can make her blush in the bedroom?" He says smugly.
I look down trying to control my anger, but he continues " which shouldn't be that hard , I mean she's just an naive shy unnoticed little girl who will jump on anybody who is willing to give her attention like you, tell me how long did it take to get her in bed with you?". I look up at him and he is scared but is trying to hide it.
"I haven't slept with her and yea maybe she is shy and unnoticed but she is sweetest most pure person I know and if you ever say something like that again or even talk to her I will hurt you in ways that haven't even been invented yet" I threaten him, "give me the tickets now" he hands me the tickets and smirks at me seemingly gaining confidence and says "tell Skylar I can't wait to talk to her again"
I stare at him and clench my fist about to punch him through the glass , but then I see Skylar looking at me so I walk inside and take a Pepsi from her as she asks me if I'm ok. I'm not I want to punch Brad into oblivion but looking at her calms me down. I make her promise to never talk to him again, which she does. I stare at her and notice some hair fall in her face, without thinking I reach over push it behind her ear and place my had and her cheek and tell myself quietly " I just want to protect you". I end up looking at her the whole movie but I don't care because nothing can compare to her .