Chapter Nineteen: Pool Party

Iris's POV:

__________

He's calling me?

Will is calling me.

"How did you get my number?" I ask and frown as I pick the phone up. "I don't remember giving it to you."

"That's 'cause you didn't," he says proudly on the other side. I hear cheers and....is that water splashing?

"Okay," I dismiss the fact that he got my number somehow. "So, why'd you call?"

"Because you are coming to my pool party. I sent someone to get you, so she should be there right about now." Just as he says that, the doorbell rings.

Shoot. It's a good thing Aunt Gillian isn't here.

"Yup," he announces loudly into the phone. "It's time for that date you promised me."

_______________________________

"Absolutely not."

I'm standing in front of a mirror, checking out the skimpy bikini Tracy gave me. She's the girl Will sent over. The swimsuit she gave me is silver and shiny, and so small it barely covered anything.

"Sweetie, compared to the other girls there, this is extremely modest," she tells me, checking the size. "Ugh, you're so lucky. I wore this suit two years ago, which means you're skinnier than me. And you still have more curves! Lucky idiot."

I blush.

"Let's get this show on the road," she yells, yanking me out the door and to her red mustang.

We get there after a very long, very loud ride. I learn that Tracy is meeting up with a college student. Her parents don't know, but she claims they are in love. The whole thing is too much for me, and I am relieved when we finally arrive at Will's house.

My relief turns to anxiety in a second. The house is huge, with flashing neon lights and booming hip-hop music blasting through the ten-foot-tall speakers. My ears are assaulted the moment I step through the door.

I search for Will's cocky grin and warm eyes, but instead meet tortured blue ones.

"Aaron," I breathe, stumbling a bit from the jostling, dancing bodies crowding the den. He looks up in shock and takes in my long t-shirt and bare legs.

"What are you doing here?" he asks, almost accusingly. "Did Will ask you to come?"

I open my mouth to deny it, but instead choose to smirk and whisper jauntily, "Yep. We're gonna party. See you later, maybe? Or maybe not." I turn around and saunter away, shaking my hips as I do so.

_______________________________

Aaron's POV:

____________

Oh, God. She looks so different tonight.

She looks exotic.

I wanted to reach over and pull her into my arms. To inhale her fruity scent, to feel her heart beating in rhythm with mine. But, of course, I can't. I have to stay away, I have to.

Now, I stare at her retreating figure. She's taunting me, I swear she is.

I watch as she stands with that girl, Stacy, was it? Stacy gestures for her to pull off her t-shirt, and I wait for Iris to tell her to back off. Instead she does the exact opposite.

She takes off the t-shirt.

My eyes widen and my heart beats a million times faster. My muscles tighten and I stare over every inch of her perfect body, and my whole body stills. She's so beautiful, so amazingly wonderful. How did I deserve her as a mate?

The small, silver bikini clings to her body. Whistles and cat calls spread throughout the entire party, and the music quiets down. I watch as Will walks up to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders.

He whispers something in her ear, and she giggles. My vision turns red, so red, and my wolf growls inside of my stiff body. I gnash my teeth as I see her plant a kiss on his cheek.

That's the last straw. I jump up, sending the chair I was sitting in crashing to the ground. Without a word, I storm away, away from the party, and away from the lights and music.

Away from the pain.

_______________________________