Chapter Sixteen: Hate

Iris's POV:

__________

"What are you guys talking about?" I prompt, yanking the doctor and Will out of their livid thoughts. "Why are you going to kill Aaron?"

Rage clouded Will's judgement. "He's mating with another woman!"

"Mating?" I ask, confused. "Like, doing it? How do you know?" Strangely, a pang of hurt and fury stings my chest.

"You guys are mates," he whispers, closing his eyes. "And now he's mating with another woman. The ultimate taboo."

___________________________

Aaron's POV:

___________

Sick. Sick to my stomach. That's all I feel.

A week of not being able to see her, hear her, feel her. I was craving human touch.

Bitter. I guess I got that now.

I stumble out of the girl's grimy room and exit her small apartment. My car sits in the lot, and I walk to it, crazed and disgusted with myself.

I can just imagine Iris right now. Being able to leave the hospital, and having to claw at her neck. Being in pain because of my mistake.

Oh, God. What have I done?

Weary, queasy, I exit the car and head to my home. Ever since my mother's tragic death, my father hasn't come out of his office. Alice never talks to me.

My life is falling apart.

I make it fall apart. It's my fault Mom's dead, my fault Iris is devastated, my fault my best friend hates me.

And that's why I can't. I can't love Iris, I'll just break her. She can have Will. He loves her. He'll take care of her.

Oh, I hate myself. I hate myself.

___________________________

Sorry it was so short!

And I have one question.....

......Aaron or Will?

Comment your choice!

________________________